Community discussions

MikroTik App

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CCR SNMP interface query issues

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:22 am

I am experiencing issues when querying bandwidth stats on the spf1 interface if a CCR-1036-12G-4S running v6.2 of the OS. I am not sure if this applies to all interfaces or only the spf interface.

When the interface has traffic exceeding 100mbps it truncates the speed. Example: when the router is receiving 140mbps on the spf interface my snmp query is reporting 40mbps. I am using the ifInOctets (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10) and ifOutOctets (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16) for my queries and a multiplier of 8 to get to bits.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have seen others post where they have CPU issues relating to having SNMP enabled, but I have not seen what I am describing. I have sent in a trouble ticket with MikroTik but have yet to hear back from them.

Gilbert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: CCR SNMP interface query issues

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

This is likely an issue with your snmp poller and not related to ROS or CCR - you need to be using 64-bit counters at those rates. Take a look at ifHCInOctets (.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6) and ifHCOutOctets (.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10)

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 pm

I will try that. This is the first time for me to have this issue. I am switching from an old Cisco routers I had at the edge to Mikrotiks. They had all polled ok at the same speeds.

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:03 pm

That did solve the issue. I am now getting accurate values. Now this is only for the spf interfaces, correct or should this be also used on all gbit interfaces?

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm

You'll need to do this on any gigabit port you are monitoring.

How's the reliability of your CCR been for you with that amount of bandwidth? Would appreciate any feedback you have (good or bad). I'm afraid to put mine in production :/

SwissWISP
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 am

How's the reliability of your CCR been for you with that amount of bandwidth? Would appreciate any feedback you have (good or bad). I'm afraid to put mine in production :/
+1

Thanks

ScottReed
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks for the helpful post. This has been burning me for a while now. I had Cacti set for IN/OUT Bits Per Second Total Bandwidth and all my interfaces exceeding 100mbps were clipping.

I had to go into Graph Management, select the device to filter, and then selected each interface and DELETE. I also deleted the associated data sources.

I then went into Devices, selected the device, clicked on Create Graphs and re-created the graphs for each interface I deleted. However, I used IN/OUT Bits Per Second (64-Bit Counters) for all the new graphs.

I lost my historical data, but I'm getting accurate results now.

NOTE

I did attempt to retain the historical data, but I could not get it to display correctly. So, I just decided to let it go.