Community discussions

MikroTik App

michaelcarey
Topic Author

RB2011UAS-RM touch screen partially functioning

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm a new RB2011UAS-RM owner/user. So far I am quite impressed with this router although I am finding I cannot get a gigabit link to my Linksys switch (not a deal breaker though).

Today I have noticed some strange behaviour with the LCD touch screen. It no longer appears to respond to finger swipes. I cannot move through screens/options with swipe movements. The calibrate function does work (when activated via winbox). When I am on an Ethernet interface screen, short presses in the appropriate location will toggle between pps & bps and min,hour,daily,weekly scroll speeds.

Any idea on what might be wrong and how I might be able to fix this?

Michael.

michaelcarey
Topic Author

Re: RB2011UAS-RM touch screen partially functioning

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:50 am

Well... things are not good.

Started looking at bit more at my RB2011UAS-Rm this morning, hoping to get more info on the touch screen issue and noticed that the CPU Load was 100%.
Tried a reboot and now my router is stuck in a boot loop. (this is described in another thread).

My impression of my new router is starting to lose it's shine!! I've gone back to my old Cyberguard/Snapgear router that has performed flawlessly for 8 years. :-(

Michael.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 am

Download netinstall, install it, run it and hook up your PC to ether1. Hold down the reset switch on the back of the unit and power cycle.

michaelcarey
Topic Author

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:04 am

A Netinstall recovery has brought the RB2011UAS-RM back to life... I'll place it back into operation in a few hours (from typing this reply) and see what happens.

The LCD screen operation has also returned to normal. I presume that the 100% CPU load affects the way that RouterOS interprets touch from the LCD screen.