Community discussions

MikroTik App

Eliminateur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

no dual-band "all in one" models and can't "build" one?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:14 pm

So i'm browsing the current list of integrated products and see a couple of interesting ones and after talking to a friend and showing them to him he says "no 5Ghz?!?".
and indeed, there's NO simultaneous dual-band integrated option...
so i tought "ok, i'll build it with a bare board!, enclosure, two radios(because, again, there's no radio in the list that has simultaneous dual band) and then joint the connectors with a 3-way MMCX plug to use the same antennas".
bzzz, can't do, not a SINGLE one of the bare boards that have minipci/pcie connectors have enough ethernet ports and no board that has enough ports has an expansion connector!.
Why isn't there a RB2011 board with ONE mpcie connector for the 5Ghz external radio whilst using the internal one for 2.4G?

so mikrotik, what gives?, simultaneous dual-band routers are VERY popular (and cheap) nowadays and they even use the SAME Atheros 9400 SoC you're currently using on the RB2011-series, are there plans to make something like that on mikrotik?.
I certainly hope you do, it's the biggest "flaw" of the RB2011UAS-2HnD-IN

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: no dual-band "all in one" models and can't "build" one?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm

We will have such board soon. You can look in on of the MUM new products presentation for a board RB953GS-5HnT

Eliminateur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: no dual-band "all in one" models and can't "build" one?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:43 pm

uldis, that board stills fails to cover the need for ethernet ports for a decent router, it only has 3 ports which is nowhere near enough, a router (in the switch/router/all-in-one category) should have AT least 5 ports(and frankly 8 should be the standard)