Would really love to see a SFP only CCR. E.g >8 SFP ports for use in e.g our datacenter. Is there talk about this?
- CCR1016-12S-1S+ as announced from MikroTik
Cheap, electric saving and related on the port density very cheap.
- x86 self made Router with many Intel network cards, I suggest to try out
a Supermicro Intel Core i7 embedded board in combination with HotLava
Not cheap and not power saving material but very powerful
- Linktechs PowerRouter v2
can be sorted with 3 modules and 8 SFP or copper based LAN ports on each module.
Proof to run and work best together with MikroTik RouterOS
- And if this is only a lame duck or you need more power in your datacenter
feel free to use one of the newest appliances from Lanner inc. the FW-8895
this is a very handy and powerful appliance but at the moment MikroTik RouterOS is not able to
unleash the power of such a device related on some points and skills.
- RouterOS CPU multicore usage
- more than 2 GB RAM
- ECC and/or REG RAM
- real x86_64 Bit version of MikroTik RouterOS
you are able to install VMWare on this machine and then installing RouterOS
in some or many VMs that would be a really hint for those datacenters, so one machine is
able to hold many different Routers with different Licenses and/or using many different LAN ports!
This machine (Lanner FW-8895) can be sorted up to 65 GB LAN Ports with:
- 8 modules holding 8 SFP or copper LAN ports
- 4 HDDs and 4 modules with 8 SFP or copper LAN ports or 4 modules with 4 SFP+ LAN ports
- Network modules with ordinary Intel chips or
- Network modules with 8 LAN ports each sorted with one TILERA Tile Gx36 Core many CPU!!!!!!!!
So this would be really good on one site related to the LAN port density but on the other site
it´ll be very expensive.