Community discussions

MikroTik App

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Voltage monitor, temperature and CPU FAN on RB493 (OpenWRT)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 am

Hi folks!

Maybe anyone had the same problem as I. I'd like to know how I can get measurement from temperature sensor and voltage monitor on OpenWRT in RB493G . Also I'd like to know how I can manage the connectors for coolers from OpenWRT, if is it possible after all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. for moderator: all my previous message for this topic and this string may be deleted ... Thnx

RogerWilco

Re: Voltage monitor, temperature and CPU FAN on RB493 (OpenW

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:09 am

I'd like to know how I can get measurement from temperature sensor and voltage monitor on OpenWRT in RB493G.
Since these forums are mainly for MikroTik hardware AND operating system, I doubt you will get much help regarding OpenWRT.

duvi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 am

If anyone would know what kind of chip is responsible for the sensors, or which Linux kernel module works with it, that would just be fine.
Thank you!

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am

I'd like to know how I can get measurement from temperature sensor and voltage monitor on OpenWRT in RB493G.
Since these forums are mainly for MikroTik hardware AND operating system, I doubt you will get much help regarding OpenWRT.
Thanks for your response! I have no doubt that Mikrotik developers can help me, there are a few explanations:
1) Mikrotik Router OS has its origin in the Linux kernel (like OpenWRT)
2) Mikrotik Router OS binary compatible with OpenWRT
3) Devices that provide functional monitoring temperature and voltage work fine in Linux
4) Finally, the Mikrotik developers great guys and always come to the rescue for that and we loved them! :D

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for your response! I disagree with you and I think that will help developers mikrotik community. Again at the RouterOS and Linux a lot in common:

1) They originate from a single kernel
2) They are binary compatible

By the way, the Mikrotik developers does not prevent the installation of other operating systems on their boards, for which a special thank you to them.

P.S. Forward to skilled care from the developers because only they can know how to count the desired voltage and temperature readings.
P.P.S. I try to understand how it works, until we found out that the sensors are connected directly to microcontrollers and those, in turn, to the processor, but how to address these controllers - the big question. These questions could help partly decompiling voltage.ko type modules, etc. (by the way of the functionality is moved to the kernel), but would not want to do this, it is better if the developers themselves will tell what really will help the community.

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:57 am

If anyone would know what kind of chip is responsible for the sensors, or which Linux kernel module works with it, that would just be fine.
Thank you!
It's no secret - in RB450G (in my experience) sensors are controlled via CPLD XILINX, the more likely they are available on the SPI bus and something about their work can be gleaned from published mikrotk kernel patch: http://suigintou.weedy.ca/random/linux/ ... 13patch.gz. Of course this is all idle speculation and need to hear the opinion of developers.

P.S. I do not understand the system of moderation of this forum, is the third letter I write because the first two just went nowhere ..

RogerWilco

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks for your response! I disagree with you and I think that will help developers mikrotik community.
Sorry, but I don't agree. It doesn't benefit the MikroTik community at all as this info is already available in RouterOS. I MK don't prevent other operating systems to be installed, but it doesn't mean they will offer support for them.

Any reason why you can't look at the chip on the router itself and find the part number stamped on it?

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks for your response! I disagree with you and I think that will help developers mikrotik community.
Sorry, but I don't agree. It doesn't benefit the MikroTik community at all as this info is already available in RouterOS. I MK don't prevent other operating systems to be installed, but it doesn't mean they will offer support for them.

Any reason why you can't look at the chip on the router itself and find the part number stamped on it?
I understand your position. Thnx!
Now I will try to explain my position : I believe that the developers are not required to support other operating systems , but as I wrote above , Router OS and Linux are very similar and binary compatible, ie, if the developers made ​​it work in your operating system , then is the same in most cases will work in Linux , I just ask tell how it works, all the implementation I will take . Certainly you can do everything yourself, but what if it's all been done by Mikrotik developers. Fees routerboard not sold without a license on the Router OS, ie I 'll pay anyway buying their development cost. So why developers do not go to the meeting and not to help the client in this matter , they all costs will be five minutes of time in writing the post , as everything else they have done :) Thank you.

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:35 pm

The 493 does not have voltage monitoring , you can use this module : http://tandem.ck.ua/ups_mtm-eng.php

shuum
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 am

The 493 does not have voltage monitoring , you can use this module : http://tandem.ck.ua/ups_mtm-eng.php
[admin@MikroTik] /system health> /system routerboard print   
       routerboard: yes
       model: 493G
       serial-number: 379702D53397
       current-firmware: 3.07
       upgrade-firmware: 3.07
[admin@MikroTik] /system health> print                    
       fan-mode: auto
       use-fan: main
       active-fan: none
       voltage: 12.9V
  temperature: 43C

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Sorry, we only use the 493AH , since we do a passive POE mod on the board ... and this model doesn't have a voltage monitor ...

[admin@MikroTik] /system health> /system routerboard print   
       routerboard: yes
       model: 493G
       serial-number: 379702D53397
       current-firmware: 3.07
       upgrade-firmware: 3.07
[admin@MikroTik] /system health> print                    
       fan-mode: auto
       use-fan: main
       active-fan: none
       voltage: 12.9V
  temperature: 43C

Saionji
just joined

Re: Voltage monitor, temperature and CPU FAN on RB493 (OpenWRT)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Same question with RB450 (OpenWRT).
Bump this thread.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Voltage monitor, temperature and CPU FAN on RB493 (OpenWRT)

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Better to ask on openwrt forum. They might know the answer more probably than we here...