Community discussions

MikroTik App

PoppaGuru
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011 + Verizon FIOS

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:45 am

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I have the internet running on the ethernet port from the ONT and connected directly to my MikroTik RB2011 and cannot get a connection. I entered the static IP information into the MikroTik router and nada. The MikroTik does work behind the P.O.S. Actiontec router in DMZ mode that Verizon supplies but I am having file transfer issues with a VPN connection. We have tried everything but removing the Actiontec router and would really appreciate if anyone could help me get my MikroTik router connected directly to the ONT.

Thanks

learath
just joined

Re: RB2011 + Verizon FIOS

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

So, my RB2011 autonegotiates with my FIOS at 10meg.
The other problem that comes to mind, are you connecting via ethernet with the actiontec? IIRC you can connect via MOCA which won't work on the RB2011.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

The other problem that comes to mind, are you connecting via ethernet with the actiontec? IIRC you can connect via MOCA which won't work on the RB2011.
Not sure. Are you sure the port on the ONT works?... I have the exact same setup and it works fine. Originally though my ONT ethernet port was dead and I was getting that behavior. They replaced teh ONT and it works fine now.

Connect a laptop to the ONT and make sure that the port works right.

learath
just joined

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Not sure. Are you sure the port on the ONT works?... I have the exact same setup and it works fine. Originally though my ONT ethernet port was dead and I was getting that behavior. They replaced teh ONT and it works fine now.

I tossed a 10/100 switch in between and it works fine now, so yes it's the 2011. Apparently it's a known issue.
The ONT can feed either the MOCA, the ethernet or both, mine is ethernet only right now, I don't know what the OP's is set to.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 pm

I tossed a 10/100 switch in between and it works fine now, so yes it's the 2011. Apparently it's a known issue.
The ONT can feed either the MOCA, the ethernet or both, mine is ethernet only right now, I don't know what the OP's is set to.
Interesting. Mine negotiates at 100 without a problem and nothing between them.

learath
just joined

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Interesting. Mine negotiates at 100 without a problem and nothing between them.
[/quote]
Good to know. I've been trying to decide what to do about mine, and knowing that some units do work helps.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Yeah. Works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk