MUM Europe 2020

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Routerboard 500 Series Reliable?

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:38 am

Hello,

I have got a few links that ramdom disconnect with good signal and other sites are fine.

I notice the ones that disconnect seem to be all RB500's

Is the RB500 series known to be a stable wireless platform or should I go for RB200 (or even RB100)

pacman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:47 pm

I have noticed similar things but never been able to pin down what is causing it. The symptom seems to be that the "client" Mikrotik stops seeing the beacons (or at least that is what the log says) and takes up to around a minute to re-connect. At the "AP" end (also a Mikrotik) all the log shows is a disconnect/re-connect at the time when the client re-connects.

I do not see this happen with all my client Mikrotiks but with certain ones. I am sure the excuse given would be interference, but I am far from convinced. In one case, the AP Mikrotik has three clients attached to it, two are Osbridge 5XLi units and one is a Mikrotik. All three clients are within 50m of each other. I never see disconnects with the Osbridge units but see constantly with the Mikrotik. Even more bizzare is that the Mikrotik does its thing every 3.5 hours (ish) almost without fail. To me that seems to be more of a software timer type issue than a wireless interference issue (which would be much more random). This is also using 5.8GHz not 2.4GHz, so it is not household wifi causing it.

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Thanks for the Reply

Are using RB500's or another platform?

Thanks

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Equis, probably issues are with wireless settings configuration, wireless network conditions, etc. ?

pacman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi Equis,

We use RB500s.
Loop Scorpio Ltd
providers of rural broadband