MikroTik App

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Choosing the right mikrotik hardware

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 am

Hello everyone...

Please help me to choose between CCR1036-12G-4S and CCR1036-12G-4S-EM. The device will be used to do the routing from 4 internet providers. It will supply internet to 5 different subnets and it will be used to limit the bandwidth to some PCs and machines, VPN connections. The main and most important job for it is routing the TV station live streams which will be used for satellite uplinks and inter studios streaming. I would also like to know... can I connect internet links via SFP? I have 3 optical connections there. I understand that this type of devices are designed more for operators but I don't want to rely on weak hardware. Now, please help me choose. Any opinions there about this?

Best Regards.

jkarras
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Choosing the right mikrotik hardware

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:08 am

The only difference between these two models is the amount of memory it has. If your are going to take a full BGP feed from your ISPs go with the -em model. If not the non -em model should work fine.

There are 4 SPF slots on the device so if that number works for you then you should be good.

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Choosing the right mikrotik hardware

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 pm

The only difference between these two models is the amount of memory it has. If your are going to take a full BGP feed from your ISPs go with the -em model. If not the non -em model should work fine.

There are 4 SPF slots on the device so if that number works for you then you should be good.
OK. Thanks for reply, mate.

Best Regards.