Community discussions

MikroTik App

sam1275
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Old RB532 repair attempt, need help.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi everyone, I bought a RB532 from ebay(I like old hardware and I like Mikrotik, so I buy this basically to try and have fun).Seller says it's brand new. When I got it and power it on, I found it seems doesn't boot, the 2 LED (blue and orange) on the bottom of the six lit all the time, the WAN port LEDs lit a second when power on, no response to ping or any others.

So I get a serial cable today but I found it's male connector... So I have to solder it to the RB532 with pin 2,3 and 7,8 reversed, however I get no real boot message but the following:
Just after power on:
After for a while:
It seems it only send out space and "change to new line" in a loop. It doesn't respond to my commond, and I've tried connect/disconnect different pins, use different settings(different rate, change flow ctrl mode, change parity, stop bits, data bits)... None of them works.

I'm blocked here... What could the problem be? Is it because the DB9 to USB cable is faulty?(It passed my "manual loopback test") It's a Chinese product so I really don't trust it... But I want to ask you guys first before try a new cable.
Thanks!