Community discussions

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

sxt and mant

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm

I have a problem. I have a site that was working very well previously till this week . I set up a link using MANT 19S as the AP while SXT is the client. Bandwidth is 2mb/2mb. The problem now is that the link will not open a webpage at some points and after it will come back up again. The signal level remains the same at 73-74dBm since installation about 8 months now. The pics of AP & CPE are attached here with. please advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i'll Never stop Learning....!!!!

Ekpedeme Inyang

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: sxt and mant

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 am

Mikrotik is not working good without nstreme or nv2 also signal is to low for that client. It will work better with nv2, also nv2 will keep it connected, with nstreme it will disconnect many times.
You should improve signal by changing SXTwith LHG. Is cheaper than SXT.

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks Inox for your response. I've other clients on that same AP who are doing fine on same config. As for the signal, it's has remained like that since it's installation and it was working perfectly. My suspicion is that I've 3 new client added to that AP making a total of 13 connections could that affect it. what's the maximum connection mant can carry.
i'll Never stop Learning....!!!!

Ekpedeme Inyang

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 am

Hello people, I've been following up on this link. Yesterday being a weekend i've observed that the link is behaving very fine and smooth since morning till the close of work. It's Like there's another link causing interference because the issue always come up during peak hours. Example: If the link is working properly, at 12 noon it will become very slow and after an hour it won't browse internet again till about 4pm, it will come back to start working again, could it be a channel config is wrong. please advice me. thanks