Community discussions

MikroTik App

opstina
just joined
Topic Author

how to protect SSID from Radars?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:55 am

hi to everyone,

Does anyone knows how to hide Wireless SSID from radars? i see some applications that detects Location of wifi,
How to protect this in mikrotik? how to block Radars to prevent detecting my wifi's location ?

Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 am

Looks like you have not read anything you are writing about. Ssid is like a billboard on the street corner saying who lives in. It is your choice what you will write on it or if you leave it blank. The other thing is bssid and external ip address that connected clients can detect if you allow them to access the Internet. And this is most probably the way how by you so called radars can check your location. It has nothing with mikrotik. If you want to hide, change the ssid, switch it's broadcasting off, change bssid (Ap mac address), and ask your provider to give you public ip from the opposite side of the world.

opstina
just joined
Topic Author

Re: how to protect SSID from Radars?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 am

Sir,

my Question was : if there any possible way to HIDE location of "Radars" that are used in phone to check where is wifi location, i'm not asking how to hide location by IP address, i'm asking how to hide physically wifi location?!

from radars like this : http://www.gadgetnutz.com/wp-content/up ... /radar.png

as you can see in the screenshot, with this app you can see Wifi's Location, so i want to protect my wifi from these type of radars if its possible!!!

Thanks

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

how to protect SSID from Radars?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Oh. Do you really believe in that?

deanMKD1

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:21 am

haha, that`s funny. :D

If you still want to go "Stealt" make sure to tick rounded .

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:07 am

Using WiFi for Geolocation has nothing to do with the SSID. It's based on the BSSID (MAC Address of the access point) You can no hide that, no matter how hard you try. Pretty much every Android and iPhone / iPod collect the BSSIDs that they see and report back with the signal strength and GPS data.

If you do not want to be located, you will need to change the BSSID daily. Or, turn off the WiFi completely.

ericnyamu

Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Change SSID to " i am invinsible" lol