Community discussions

MikroTik App

grg
Topic Author

How I got maximum wireless performance from RBs for indoor use.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 pm

MikroTik community:

After struggling with MIMO 2x2 and side-by-side dual band (2.4GHz + 5GHz) wireless performance issues, I managed to isolate it down to default antennas, which get installed in aluminum cases. Either it's proximity of them to each other (severe de-tuning and interference) or their build quality , they would never give me a stable bandwidth and connection reliability. Some distributors would even stack four antennas in aluminum enclosure (three antenna mount holes + USB hole) to get MIMO 2x2 for both frequencies. The later, pre-made, solution was the one, that I purchased and deployed to the customer and had to troubleshoot it for poor performance. The only way I could make it stable and perform well was by removing the cover and physically spread antennas apart from each other and the enclosure.

After isolating the issue, my next step was to look for other commercially available antennas, that cover both WiFi bands and try to modify my MikroTik devices. I stumbled upon a reputable antenna manufacturing company called Taoglas and bought come of their antenna products to test them out. With new modifications, which you can see in the included pictures, RB922UAGS-5HPacD + R11e-2HPnD gave me perfect results. There is no interference when all chains are fully active.

Taoglas parts used in my setup:
TG.35.8113 (big flat antenna);
GW.71.5153 (round antenna);
MB.200.C (antenna mount);

I hope you find this information useful.

grg
IMG_2463.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lelmus

Re: How I got maximum wireless performance from RBs for indoor use.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Great article and pics!

I need to do the same. The TG.35.8113 (big flat antenna) and MB.200.C (antenna mount) would be best for my application. I live in the US and I'm having trouble finding them online, can you provide the info where you bought them from. Thanks!

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

grg
Topic Author

Re: How I got maximum wireless performance from RBs for indoor use.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Great article and pics!

I need to do the same. The TG.35.8113 (big flat antenna) and MB.200.C (antenna mount) would be best for my application. I live in the US and I'm having trouble finding them online, can you provide the info where you bought them from. Thanks!
I got TG.35.8113 from www.digikey.com and MB200.C from www.richardsonrfpd.com . Please be advised that these components are not cheap, especially the mount, which I had to pre-order through their sales representative. In my case, price was not an issue, because I needed good coverage for my primary customers.

grg