Community discussions

MikroTik App

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Need some help pls...

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Hi all, Ill be happy if anyone can help me out. I am restructuring my network to only allow permitted macs in Access List under wireless to access that AP. When i copy all my macs there and remove the default authenticate botton on the wireless interface, it only seems to permit about 4 or 5 units only and refuses the rest that have been permitted. I also noticed it does not permit wds units even though I added their macs as well.

I am running 2.9.29 and was wondering if anyone is running this kind of setup and can help out. Thanks in advance.

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Need some help pls...

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:04 am

Hi all, Ill be happy if anyone can help me out. I am restructuring my network to only allow permitted macs in Access List under wireless to access that AP. When i copy all my macs there and remove the default authenticate botton on the wireless interface, it only seems to permit about 4 or 5 units only and refuses the rest that have been permitted. I also noticed it does not permit wds units even though I added their macs as well.

I am running 2.9.29 and was wondering if anyone is running this kind of setup and can help out. Thanks in advance.
What kind of CPE are you using? if you're using some indoor like d-link, you should add the mac address of the client pc not the CPE..

Best Regards

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Need some help pls...

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:45 pm

What kind of CPE are you using? if you're using some indoor like d-link, you should add the mac address of the client pc not the CPE..

Best Regards
I understand what you mean by adding the client pc which is for the wds units, but what about the client units which macs appear at the AP end and not the clients pc mac?

HarvSki

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:57 pm

Depending on the type of network you have, you maybe better using PPPoE or the Hotspot or both. Using MAC addresses can be difficult.