I've just unpacked my brand new hAP ac (RouterBOARD 962UiGS-5HacT2HnT). I have hard time setting it up, and I'm starting to suspect hardware problem with it. Could somebody help confirming it? I'm working with Mikrotik for several years since RouterOS version 2, so it's not PBKAC problem
What are the issues:
- very weak wireless signal - 2 meters from the router I have "poor" signal,
- no wireless interface for 2.4 range, only one for 5GHz,
- /system resource pci print shows "unknown device"
What I did:
- upgraded RouterOS first to 6.34.4 then to 6.35rc48
- upgraded firmware to 3.31
- installed wireless-rep package as suggested in a forum thread to resolve problem with Intel Wireless 7260; later I've confirmed that other wireless devices also have problem connecting to this router
- reset config to defaults (several times) and started from scratch, no luck so far.
Below there's a screenshot summarizing all the stuff that may be relevant. Should I return the device to seller?