Community discussions

MikroTik App

yan2x
Topic Author

Wireless Client Bridge

Thu May 05, 2016 7:38 am

Can somebody teach me how to do this? i already search but no success....:(
Im using RBMetal-2SHPn to connect to asus rt-n12 router.

here's the network=
mikrotik x86 (main) ----> AP asus rt-n12 <------------(other building)RBMetal-2SHPn<--------switches<-------pc's

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless Client Bridge

Thu May 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Do this asus device allow bridge and wds like feature? I think problem is to this device. (use mikrotik and it will work)

yan2x
Topic Author

Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm

it supports wds.. but i dont want to use wds it halfs the speed of the connection...:( i want to use wireless client bridge.

wise0tamas
just joined

Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 pm

it supports wds.. but i dont want to use wds it halfs the speed of the connection...:( i want to use wireless client bridge.
The mikrotik wiki might be of help: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wi ... ion-bridge

The "station-bridge" function can only be used between two Mikrotik hardware, you can't use it on the RB to connect to any non-Mikrotik wifi-AP.
You either need "station-pseudobridge" or "station-pseudobridge-clone", but it doesn't provide the full L2 bridging functions that can be done via "station-wds" (or via "station-bridge" between Mikrotik hardware).

If full bridging is required, you should either
* use "station-wds" with the current hardware you mentioned,
* add a mikrotik AP on the Asus side of the wireless link to use "station-bridge".