Community discussions

MikroTik App

derr12
Topic Author

Capsman - difference between create enabled and create dynamic enabled.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 pm

I was wondering since it isn't fleshed out in the manual.  What is the difference between create enabled and create dynamic enabled when provisioning. 

Visually,  If the CAP is not connected to the system, create dynamic enabled devices disappear from the Interfaces tab. In create enabled, they stay there but their status changes to MI.

is there any other functional difference between the two?

PackElend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Capsman - difference between create enabled and create dynamic enabled.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:00 am

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm

With create dynamic... I don't think you can set channels.

PackElend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:12 am

Hi,
thx for joining, I'm wondering how is the channel provisioning related to this question?

IMHO the only difference is that
  1. create enabled
    will create the interface on the CAP as soon as the CAPsMAN sees a new one. After this action, it won't touch it again automatically, as it allowed you to modify the settings of the created interface, thus the interface is static
  2. create dynamic enabled.
    will create the interface on the CAP as soon as the CAPsMAN sees a new one. If you do any changes to the configuration it will be updated on all detected CAPs depending on the provisioning settings. The "drawback" is that each time you change the configuration in CAPsMAN, the affected interfaces on the CAPs will be removed. Afterwards, new ones, having a different name on the CAP, will be created.
There might something else to be mentioned in regard to
Visually,  If the CAP is not connected to the system, create dynamic enabled devices disappear from the Interfaces tab. In create enabled, they stay there but their status changes to MI.
as I noticed some similar behaviour but could not find anything in the docs yet, explaining it.
My history:
  1. activated CAP on my AP
  2. activated CAPsMAN on my router
  3. two interfaces were created in
    caps-man interface
    but why?
    They were called cap1 and cap2. So far nothing was set in provisioning and so on.
    Can anyone explain why CAPsMAN create those (static) interface although have not told him to do anything?