Community discussions

MikroTik App

matjazr
just joined
Topic Author

hAP lite as AP point

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:49 pm

hi guys....was looking over google and even youtube and really can't find simple solution. I hope i am right....AP point = extender?
What i want....i bought new hAP lite to make hime like AP point....usualy when i am travel i have wi-fi signal really low...so want to make it more strong to use it in room even with mobile phone....
Can someone show me simple solution to tell hAP lite how to do it....really was try many options and no one work fine 4 me....

thank u...m

laithmikrotik

Re: hAP lite as AP point

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 pm

hi guys....was looking over google and even youtube and really can't find simple solution. I hope i am right....AP point = extender?
What i want....i bought new hAP lite to make hime like AP point....usualy when i am travel i have wi-fi signal really low...so want to make it more strong to use it in room even with mobile phone....
Can someone show me simple solution to tell hAP lite how to do it....really was try many options and no one work fine 4 me....

thank u...m
you want to make your hap lite as extendor for the wi fi mobile phone network ?

matiaszon

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Not sure, what you are really looking for and what does your travelling has to do with access point... Do you mean, that sometimes, when you stay away (hotel, office, etc.) the wifi signal which is there, is sometimes poor and you are looking for some device, that will make it stronger?

matjazr
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 pm

ok i didn't know that my english is so bad....so first question is it AP point same as wifi extender?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm

ok i didn't know that my english is so bad....so first question is it AP point same as wifi extender?
No. AP allows clients to connect to it, and itself is connected to the internet over cable (usually).

WiFi extender is an AP + another wireless device, that connects to some other network. WiFi extender is a client+AP in one device.

matjazr
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 pm

No. AP allows clients to connect to it, and itself is connected to the internet over cable (usually).

WiFi extender is an AP + another wireless device, that connects to some other network. WiFi extender is a client+AP in one device.

Great for explanation...so is it possible than to make somehow hAP lite to work like wi-fi extender?

laithmikrotik

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Great for explanation...so is it possible than to make somehow hAP lite to work like wi-fi extender?
you repeat the same question ..
Last edited by laithmikrotik on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matjazr
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:48 pm

ok....so only possibilities is make AP point....ya will need to survive even with that.....;)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Our new RouterOS version can work in WiFi extender (repeater) mode. It will be able to connect to another AP and at the same time, serve Wireless internet locally as an AP. Use the "repeater" mode: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:In ... s#Repeater