Community discussions

MikroTik App

radtke99
just joined
Topic Author

WDS Problem

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:38 am

I set up WDS on three 532's that I just got. Level 4 license running .31 firmware. When I have two AP's with one as a hotspot and both in WDS it works great to the Internet with perfect ping times routed between on /24 network on WLAN with the hotspot assigning the DHCP. I can connect to either AP and it goes to the hotspot on AP1 and connects and goes out on the internet with a public IP assigned to the Ether1 connection. The problem is when I add the third AP all the ping times go bad and the WLAN Interface and Bridge Interface goes to 500 to 1000 kbps and everything slows down. I do a sniffer on the packets and it says they are talking port 17 UDP almost 1000 per second. I have looked through all the help pages and can't seem to find an answer. I have set it up according to help pages and it does not seem to matter if it is dynamic or if I click and make the WDS static. Anyone know the answer or what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks-

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:44 pm

You will need to enable rstp on the bridges of all 3 units to avoid bridging loops and broadcast storms (which is probably what is causing the bad response times). You need to install / enable the rstp-bridge test package and then set it up in rstp settings under your bridge.[/img]

radtke99
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:02 pm

Thank You For The Help!!

That did it!!

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:07 pm

radtke99 , how many Wcards in each AP , can you write your configuration ? we need someone who tested and running WDS with 2Wcards in each AP succesfully .. thanks in advanced