Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ropeba
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Problem with mikrotik configuration, help...

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi,

i have network configuration showed below.. Here's the thing; I have 2 AP's who are far from me 5 and 20 kilometeres, and till now they are used to be connected with d-link AP. Now I decide to replace those d-link AP's with mikrotik RB112, but I have problem with configuration. Clients are connecting to d-link dwl 2000AP which is connected with ethernet on rb112 and hi goes with wireless on other RB112 , and then from that rb112 on machine that's running DHCP, pppoe and hotspot connections with ethernet. Problem is that gateway is not visible to clients, and they can't ping them.

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Problem with mikrotik configuration, help...

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi,

i have n............ I decide to replace those d-link AP's with mikrotik RB112, but I have problem with configuration...........................hich is connected with ethernet on rb112 and hi goes with wireless on other RB112 ........................clients, and they can't ping them.

----
Hello friend,..!
just little suggestion, your consepts is cool and nice, and little comment better if your links with:

1. ap-2-ap than bridge on wlan interface and ethernet interface every RB
2. make 2 layers connection, first for main connection and other layer for authentication methode.
3. mode=ap-bridge for all unwire ap-2-ap

But,... the problem,....!!! is,
So sorry, i am not sure your RBs can make that option. as far as i remember the RBs 'designed for cpe' not distribution system [ap]. mode=station can't bridge on.
oke, maybe anyone else has comment, please.....!!!!

regads
Hasbullah.com
----

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:00 am

Use station-wds, you cannot bridge station mode.
And then the ap-bidge should not be in the bridge1, but use wds-default-bridge=bridge1 and wds-mode=dynamic.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks

ropeba
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:45 am

Thank you,

I have done all with WDS and everything wirk fine, but two litle problems are still remaining. I can't ping from "wds station" > ap "bridge" on wich he is connected, and reverse. Allso, even there is no one surfing on wireless interface it shows trafic about 128 kbps.

ropeba
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:29 pm

I allso want to know how to make a restriction of connection some others AP's (in client or wds mod) on my AP?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:18 pm

a) check IP address settings for the AP and wds-station router.

b) if you have different AP connecting with WDS to the main AP, set 'default-authentication=no' to the main AP, add their mac-address to connect-list of the main AP.

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:46 pm

WDS for me impacts performance too much.
I have my CPE use a static address range on my wlan interface, and the client machines behind the CPE will acquire a DHCP address from a DHCP pool. Works Great