MikroTik App

todayheads
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mikrotik UBNT Problem

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi Geeks
i have a problem from my customers that have UBNT AP like Loco M5 or Nanostation etc, what would be best Mikrotik sector Config so that internet and ping will not give timeout

Note that i only use Mikrotik but these UBNT are switching from other providers

zipvault
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik UBNT Problem

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:34 am

Lease alltime disable=no

Broadcast always

?

networkfudge
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Geeks
i have a problem from my customers that have UBNT AP like Loco M5 or Nanostation etc, what would be best Mikrotik sector Config so that internet and ping will not give timeout

Sorry to break it to you but your easiest and most likely best option would be to add a ubnt ap/basestation to your tower.
To allow ubnt customers on mtik ap you need to use pure 802.11 with rts/cts. Not as good for ptmp as tdma (nv2/airmax).
Why sacrifice the service quality of both the old and your new customers to save a couple of hundred dollars and a 20mhz channel. It's not worth it.

todayheads
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Geeks

Sorry to break it to you but your easiest and most likely best option would be to add a ubnt ap/basestation to your tower.
To allow ubnt customers on mtik ap you need to use pure 802.11 with rts/cts. Not as good for ptmp as tdma (nv2/airmax).
Why sacrifice the service quality of both the old and your new customers to save a couple of hundred dollars and a 20mhz channel. It's not worth it.
i see ur point here.and its definitively correct but problem many people are not willing to pay for AP change

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:29 pm

networkfudge suggested to set up an additional ubnt AP on your tower to provide airmax access, not to change the client APs.

todayheads
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:04 am

networkfudge suggested to set up an additional ubnt AP on your tower to provide airmax access, not to change the client APs.
oooops,my mistake i didnt read well. nice idea