Community discussions

matiaszon
Topic Author

[Solved] CAPsMAN RB3011 - losing connection

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm

I am working on that for the 3rd day, and thought solved the problem yesterday at 10pm, but in the morning it started again...
The problem is, when I control APs by CAPsMAN on RB3011, devices are showing "connected", but when you ping any other device in LAN, the loss is 90-95%... It's enough to set up wlan ports on APs as independent, and you can surf flawlessly...As a router and CAPsMAN I use RB3011 (tried 6.38.5, 6.39.rc55, 6.37.5) 6x RBwAP2nDr2, RB912UAG-2HPnd and RB941-2nD.
The other strange thing is, that even when I connect the cable to hAP lite (RB941), windows 10 has problems with identifying network... However, when it identifies, I can use Internet and have access to any device in LAN. When I reboot the router, I can use wifi even controlled by CAPsMAN but only for few seconds and then story starts again...
I tried to set up bridge with protocol mode "none" and "rstp" - no difference (yesterday I mad none and I thought it solved my problem, but it started to do the same in the morning, when people cam to work).
When on cable, it works.
Can anybody suggest what might be the problem?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CAPsMAN RB3011 - losing connection

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Please make a support output file from the CAPsMAN and the CAP and send it to support@mikotik.com
Also include the network diagram how the CAP and the CAPsMAN is connected together.

I would suggest to try out Local-Forwarding option for the CAPsMAN Datapath.

matiaszon
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN RB3011 - losing connection

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm

I found the reason... FINALLY!!! :)
It was Allen-Bradley switch, which is installed in the control panel for one of the machines. Once it is connected to LAN, it goes crazy. If you disconnect it - everything works fine.
Don't know this equipment, so no idea if it's a hardware or software problem... Anyway, CAPsMAN works very good now. No problems.