Community discussions

MikroTik App

bybruno
just joined
Topic Author

Best Acess Point to Hotel

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm

I looking for a AP to multi point what device do you recommend?
i have seen this: SXT-5HPnD
but i have some questions about the 5Ghz (old devices can´t handle with this band), in Hotels, Hostels etc what kind of equipment do you install for multi point / Acess Point?
I have tested this one: Mikrotik RB/SXTG2 but i looking for a better solution with more angle and power.
What is your opinion?
Thanks for your attention,
Regards,

haik01

Re: Best Acess Point to Hotel

Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 pm

That is a strange question.

It is the same, as asking: I need a car to drive. What model do you recommend?

Please specify how many users do you expect, will they be band limited, paid or free internet etc... You can put an el cheapo TP-Link, Mikrotik or very expensive Aruba or Ruckus network... but will it be fine? For 1-2 users, any solution will work. For 10-20 people, now way TP-Link. For 300+ etc....

You get my point?

bybruno
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Best Acess Point to Hotel

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi,
yes i understand and is a good question,
The base is for 40 users and free internet.
My first concern is see what equipament it´s best in their range: quality vs price, i want buy some of then with diferent (power and specs, coberture angles) for test in real situations, and then choose the best model for that specific and real situation, but i don´t want buy for example a cheap TP-LINK or a tecnology that will only work with very specific configuration and equipaments, or a very expensive equipament that no one will buy.
For example i have installed for a hall with 10 rooms in each side 3 unifi antenas that work very great, but that antena for a open space it´s not a good option like Mikrotik RB/SXTG2 that work better,
and have better price, and this in base in real tests that i have done in the terrain.
In that facts what do you recommend?
Thanks