Community discussions

MikroTik App

4rdor1n
just joined
Topic Author

About CAPsMAN

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi, I have been testing with different configurations in CAPsMAN and it has been working well overall. However, I have found some problems when I tried to select the wireless channel for each CAP.
I originally solved that by creating different provisioning rules with different configurations (3 in total for the 2.4g band and 10+ for the 5g band), so if for example you write somewhere in the CAP's identity the string "-Ch01", the CAP is configured in the channel 1. This solution worked well, and allow us to avoid interferences.
However the problem comes when we have to change the SSID. Changing the password, or the datapath is not a problem because you only have to change it once, but apparently if you want to change the SSID, you have to change it in every configuration, which is a problem if you have a lot of different configurations (a configuration for each channel).
So my questions are:
a) Is there any simple way of doing that (being able to select the channel in each CAP while being able to change the SSID if needed without having to change it in 10+ configurations)
b) Does auto frequency avoid interferences? (so i dont have 2 aps that are together in channels 1 and 3 for example)
c) What happens if I leave the SSID in blank in the general configuration and I set up the SSIDs in the slave configurations (since you can only set up channels in the master configuration)? Could I have problems if I do that?

A wireless tab in CAPsMAN would probably be helpful and would allow for better customization of each CAP configuration while being very easy to edit.
After all one of the points of having a contoller is being able to quickly change the wireless configuration of multiple APs

Thanks

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: About CAPsMAN

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 pm

By script may be

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk