You cannot change the hAP ac lite to a CPE on one radio using the Quick Set page. Do not use the Quick Set page for any settings if you want to have one radio set as a CPE and the other as an AP.
Below are the basic steps needed to set one radio as a CPE. I would use Winbox to make the changes. Substitute wlan2 for wlan1 if you want wlan2 to be CPE. These steps worked on v6.40.1. The should work on earlier version but there may be some Firewall Rules that need to be changed.
You down grade a routerOS version by loading the older version into Files and then going to System->Packages and selecting Down Grade and then rebooting.
1. In interfaces set ether1 master port to ether2-master
2. In Wireless->Security Profiles for wlan1 create new profile called CPE with the security key for the AP you want to connect to.
3. In Wireless->Interfaces set wlan1 Mode="station", Security Profile=CPE
4. In Bridge->Ports delete wlan1 from Bridge
5. In IP->DHCP Client change interface from ether1 to wlan1
6. In IP->Firewall NAT add rule chain=srcnat Out-Interface=wlan1 action=masquerade.
7. Go to System->Reboot and reboot router
8. Log back into router
9. Go to Wireless->Interfaces and open wlan1 details. Click on Scanner and scan for your AP and connect
This was super helpful, thank you for this.
I managed to get it to work with one Access point (Netgear), but with a Meraki AP its just stuck on "Searching for Network". Tried to reset the unit, still not working.
Would setting the mode to station pseudobridge
create a L2 bridge on the LAN ports of the Microtik?