Community discussions

MikroTik App

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Please anyone can help me: Error - Simultaneous Session Limit Reached & RADIUS accounting request not sent ?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:10 am

I have Mikrotik RB750r2 that bought 1 month ago.
Now, got Error - "Simultaneous Session Limit Reached" and also error "RADIUS accounting request not sent"
any one can help me, please.
I attach the screenshot.
thankyou.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Please anyone can help me: Error - Simultaneous Session Limit Reached & RADIUS accounting request not sent ?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm

There's some kind of problem with your radius server when receiving accounting, that's what first error points to (are you using radius?).

Second message, logging failing due to simultaneous session limit reached could mean (if you're using radius), your radius server or service is not being notified of users disconnecting (as radius is not reachable) and thinks these users are still active.

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Please anyone can help me: Error - Simultaneous Session Limit Reached & RADIUS accounting request not sent ?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 am

Yes, I am using Radius.
so, what's the solution of its error?

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 am

To fix whatever is happening to the radius server, if you're using SQL backend the problem is usually there. How many users?

Alternatively, to alleviate the problem, if radius is being "overloaded", you can try to ease the load on it, by:

- setting the Hotspot server profile interim update to 10 or 15 minutes
- increasing Radius timeout to 3s (3000)

Could you post a screenshot of radius Status tab?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:03 pm

This issue should be resolved in 6.40 version if you use User Manager:
*) userman - do not send disconnect request for user when "simultaneous session limit reached";

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 am

To fix whatever is happening to the radius server, if you're using SQL backend the problem is usually there. How many users?

Alternatively, to alleviate the problem, if radius is being "overloaded", you can try to ease the load on it, by:

My WiFi network is less than 20 user.

here is my RADIUS Status
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Salira on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 am

This issue should be resolved in 6.40 version if you use User Manager:
*) userman - do not send disconnect request for user when "simultaneous session limit reached";
I use ROS 6.35.4
and I use RB750r2
so, Can I update the ROS to 6.40 ?
I mean, is 6.40 version is good for my RB750r2?
Last edited by Salira on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 am

I use idle timeout = 5 minutes.
so, must I try change it to 15 minutes?
Last edited by Salira on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 am

and I use RADIUS timeout 300
must I try it change to 3000 ?

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 am

What was the router uptime when you posted that status screenshot? Doesn't look like unresponsive radius on that screenshot; I thought it was actually an external radius server, not user-manager running on the same router.

Yes, you should upgrade to current 6.40.1, check System > Routerboard afterwards that Current Firmware matches Upgrade Firmware.

- Set timeout to 1000
- look again at status after 24hours

Salira
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm

What was the router uptime when you posted that status screenshot? Doesn't look like unresponsive radius on that screenshot; I thought it was actually an external radius server, not user-manager running on the same router.

Yes, you should upgrade to current 6.40.1, check System > Routerboard afterwards that Current Firmware matches Upgrade Firmware.

- Set timeout to 1000
- look again at status after 24hours
actually, the condition now was OK. and I post screenshot above when my router was ok.
I am still not found any error again till now, after make a change for set timeout of radius to 3000 and idle time hotspot profile to 15 minutes.

but, I will still look forward for some next day. If I got error, I will report again here.

by the way, if I upgrade my ROS from 6.35.4 to 6.40, Whether it will change my router settings or not?

here is SS for my router ROS version.

Shakoor
just joined

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:06 am

Dear mikrotik expert person I have RB1100AHX4 dude edation ARM

I getting this error

simultaneous session limit reached

Pleaee see the attach file