Community discussions

MikroTik App

rfischer1984
just joined
Topic Author

New to PtMP

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:47 pm

I have a few mikrotik devices. I have couple routers and a wAP ac and i love my devices. What I would like to know is what devices would I need to set up a point to multipoint connection? It is not a long distance. Maybe 500 ft. I know that some devices have to have compatible frequencies to work correctly. Like which devices would i need? Could I get something like 2 RBSXTsq5nD-US and 1 RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2 ? What do I need? I am really confused with the devices that i may need for this. Thanks

Aufan388

Re: New to PtMP

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:26 pm

First question is, are the place you want to connect in generally the same region..say about 85 dgrees or less degrees for the mounting point of the AP?

If yes, then SXT SA5 /sa5 AC would be fine with the SXTsq Lite5-US.
If no, then you can look into the omni directional offering for Mikrotik, RBOmniTikU-5HnD-US or RBOmniTikG-5HacD

For wireless AC to work, of course you need AC receivers sxt lite5 ac, for example. Wireless N will work with any either AC or regular 5 Ghz AP from Mikrotik. The higher rate of speed won't matter if you get the "lite versions" of receivers as they only have 100mbps Ethernet ports; the radios are capable of 300-866mpbs data rate speeds which means you should easily get a wire speed of 100Mbps.

rfischer1984
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Yes they are in the same region. But I may still get an Omnitik just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the help. I just was not sure. I didn't want to make a purchase and realize i purchased the wrong thing. Thanks

Aufan388

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Glad I could help clarify :)