Community discussions

MikroTik App

anushkaudeshan
Topic Author

How Cap APs are connected to CAPsMAN ?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:20 am

Hi There,

Just to clear out Something Confusing,

So how Capsman configured router pass it's configuration settings and connects with CAP APs ? is it using wireless interface or do we need to connect each AP using cables to Capsman router?

Please give me an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks All :)

JohnTRIVOLTA

Re: How Cap APs are connected to CAPsMAN ?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:16 am

anushkaudeshan
Topic Author

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for the quick reply John. I am new to this setup so, can you please tell me, how the connection is working between Capsman and Cap Aps? Using Wlan interface or do we need to physically connect them using Cables ? I just read what you sent me but still confusing with the technical terms the guide used in there.

Thanks again :)

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:06 am

You need to connect them with cables.

Edit: Of course you can use a separate wireless connection instead of cables, but you cannot use the same wireless interface on CAP to connect to CAPsMAN and serve clients at the same time.

anushkaudeshan
Topic Author

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am

You need to connect them with cables.

Edit: Of course you can use a separate wireless connection instead of cables, but you cannot use the same wireless interface on CAP to connect to CAPsMAN and serve clients at the same time.
Thanks, Andriys! much appreciated. So Most of these tutorials I find on the internet is based on physical connectivity? so in Capsman / whats the purpose of provisioning and what happens when we put the capsman running Wlan1 interface mac address to Radio MAC ? refer to the attached picture :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 am

Please read the whole CAPsMAN manual page. Radio provisioning is described there in details.