Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrotikedoff
Topic Author

Bridge design validation?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Hello all

I am looking to back haul 4 separate IP cameras spread across 2 poles on oppisite sides of a guard shack back to a link inside the guard shack. I inherited this project and am tying to validate the design. Is it possible to have 2 cameras hooked into a hex poe lite to a sxt 5 lite on each pole and have the BOTH shoot back to a single SXT5 lite and 750UP. I tried to configure all 3 in bridge mode but could only get the bridge to function over any 2 APs at one time. Do I need to configure these to mesh? or is a point to multi-point bridge possible? If i do have to set these as a mesh which do i set as WDS and which as WDS station. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brian

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Bridge design validation?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Post a diagram.
I tried to configure all 3 in bridge mode but could only get the bridge to function over any 2 APs at one time.
SXT Lite license level is L3, that means it's limited to act as an AP for only one device (wireless mode = bridge). You can either pay to raise its license to L4, or purchase a regular SXT, which comes already with an L4 license (wireless mode = AP Bridge).

mikrotikedoff
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Much thanks for replying,

How much would such a license cost USD? Do I need one for all SXT's in the bridge or only the guard shack location? Diagram enclosed. Thank you very much for replying your help is very much appreciated.

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

allstarcomps

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Just the AP needs a lvl 4 license.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Only on the 750UP location, as allstarcomps said that's the only place where you need to connect more than one station.

L4 is $45, but...

SXT's are directional antennas, if you want to connect the two SXT lites to the AP on 750UP location, you'll need not only a radio that has L4 license, but also its antenna should be a sector antenna, otherwise you won't be able to properly align the AP for optimal signal on both SXT lites.

SXT SA5 ($99) is L4, and sports a 90 degree antenna. Make sure you can orientate it so that both SXT lite "fall" into their 90 degree coverage.

That's why I asked for a diagram, or even better, get the gps coordinates (google earth for example) and check for yourself if this is the case.

What's the distance between the three??