MikroTik App

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

CAPSMAN based Wifi: Connected, no internet

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 am

Hello,

I have some strange problems with some of my clients. Imagine a building with several floors

e.g.:
- A client is connected on the ground floor, no problem. Internet is ok.
- Now he enters the first/second floor. His smartphone is now connected to another access point, but shows him "no internet"
- He goes back to the ground floor and internet works again.

- On the access point of the first/second floor there are many clients happily connected without any problems. When one of those problems were reported a collegue went to the building and connected to the same access point at the same time the other client had problems without any issue.

- On the capsman controller, you can see the IP/MAC on DHCP lease information page of those clients with mentioned problems. But it is not possible to ping those clients from the controller. Also those clients cannot ping the gateway ip which is on the controller. A client mentioned that he sees an IP address with ipconfig, but there´s neither DNS nor gateway ip address information given.

So, what kind of problems do I have? Something with the DHCP server? I was running 6.40.* and updated step by step and now I´m on the latest 6.41rc52 release. I´m runninng that CAPSMAN based forwarding setup for years (since the first HAP/WAP AC devices appeared with hundreds of clients concurrently connected) What could be the problem? Any hint would be helpful?

Regards

peich1
just joined

Re: CAPSMAN based Wifi: Connected, no internet

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:54 am

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. My router is a RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN and I have 3 HAP AC working as access points. The only difference is that I have a local forwarding CAPSMAN setup.

When switching access point, the clients get the "Connected, no internet" message for about 5 minutes. I cannot ping the gateway during this time. Then, after those 5 minutes, they begin working normally.

Before switching to a CAPSMAN setup, everything worked perfectly, the problem began when I started to use CAPSMAN.

I suspect that maybe it's related to loop protection, I tried to configure it as off in all interfaces to no avail.

Help, please?

gnick666
just joined

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 am

Hi!

I can only confirm this, but with a wider variety of devices...
The router (& CAPSMAN) is a RB3011UiAS running, CAPS:
  • 2 hAP ac lite (RB952Ui-5ac2nD)
  • 1 RP951G-2HnD
They are running the same 6.39.3 version of routerOS from the bugfix only branch.
The 2.4 GHz network when connection spends around ~20 seconds obtaining an IP address, gets one that's in range and there's no internet.
The interesting thing is that the 5 GHz network doesn't suffer from this issue.

Some clumsily exported data from the CAPsMAN:
# jan/09/2018 10:08:25 by RouterOS 6.39.3
#
/caps-man channel
add band=2ghz-b/g name=24
add band=5ghz-onlyac name=5
/caps-man security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk encryption=aes-ccm,tkip group-encryption=aes-ccm name=base passphrase=NagyonBiztonsagosJelszo
/caps-man configuration
add channel=24 country=hungary datapath=base name=24 security=base ssid=net
add channel=5 country=hungary datapath=base name=5 security=base ssid=net-5
/caps-man datapath
add arp=enabled bridge=bridge client-to-client-forwarding=yes name=base
/caps-man interface
add channel=24 configuration=24 datapath=base disabled=no l2mtu=1600 mac-address=##:##:##:##:##:## master-interface=none name=cap1 radio-mac=##:##:##:##:##:## security=base
add configuration=5 datapath=base disabled=no l2mtu=1600 mac-address=##:##:##:##:##:## master-interface=none name=cap2 radio-mac=##:##:##:##:##:## security=base
add configuration=24 disabled=no l2mtu=1600 mac-address=##:##:##:##:##:## master-interface=none name=cap3 radio-mac=##:##:##:##:##:##
/caps-man manager
set ca-certificate=auto certificate=auto enabled=yes upgrade-policy=suggest-same-version
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=5 name-format=identity radio-mac=##:##:##:##:##:##
add action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=5 name-format=identity radio-mac=##:##:##:##:##:##
add action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=24 name-format=identity

[admin@Source] /interface bridge> port print
Flags: X - disabled, I - inactive, D - dynamic 
 #    INTERFACE               BRIDGE               PRIORITY  PATH-COST    HORIZON
 0 I  ;;; defconf
      ether2-master           bridge                   0x80         10       none
 1    ;;; defconf
      ether6-master           bridge                   0x80         10       none
 2 I  ;;; defconf
      sfp1                    bridge                   0x80         10       none
 3    ether1                  bridge                   0x80         10       none
 4  D ether7                  bridge                   0x80         10       none
 5  D ether8                  bridge                   0x80         10       none
 6 ID ether9                  bridge                   0x80         10       none
 7 ID ether10                 bridge                   0x80         10       none
 8  D cap3                    bridge                   0x80         10       none
 9  D MasterBedroom-1         bridge                   0x80         10       none
10  D cap1                    bridge                   0x80         10       none
11 ID cap2                    bridge                   0x80         10       none
12 ID cap4                    bridge                   0x80         10       none

[admin@Source] /caps-man> interface print
Flags: M - master, D - dynamic, B - bound, X - disabled, I - inactive, R - running 
 #      NAME                                                                                 RADIO-MAC         MASTER-INTERFACE                                                                                
 0 MDBR MasterBedroom-1                                                                      ##:##:##:##:##:## none                                                                                            
 1 M BR cap1                                                                                 ##:##:##:##:##:## none                                                                                            
 2 M B  cap2                                                                                 ##:##:##:##:##:## none                                                                                            
 3 M BR cap3                                                                                 ##:##:##:##:##:## none                                                                                            
 4 MDB  cap4                                                                                 ##:##:##:##:##:## none

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Did you solve the Problem?

Jure
just joined

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 am

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Only difference is that when I reset the router and wAP the internet is coming alive for a few hours, than drops.
I don't get the no internet message, just internet is not working. When I look the CapsMan connected devices I see that they get IP from DHCP and on client there is written the GW IP of a router and public DNS addresses aquired by the DHCP.
I'm runing the RB 2011 UiAS-2HnD and wAP both on the 6.42.6 mipsbe.
So in short
there is always connection to the LAN, but for the WAN it drops after some hours.
I set up the channell reselection to 30 min, since I have crouded wifi enviroment (lots of neighbours) and set the channels 1, 6, 11 for selection.
The problem appears randomly but only on wAP not on the RB2011.

Any Idea what to do?

Regards

oboss
just joined

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm

try disable this, I had a similar problem, my cellphone dont connect, disabling this can get conection and ip ... my laptop works fine with or without this.

encryption=aes-ccm,tkip group-encryption=aes-ccm

alex68
just joined

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:31 am

Hi
I solved this problem with disabling local forwarding in datapath on controller. Used 6.42.1-6.43.2 firmware with such problem.

sourianos86
just joined

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Hallo when u are with local forward disable from caps the hardware offload this will be fix your problem

alex68
just joined

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm

sourianos86, you are right. Capsman working now with local forwarding and disabled hw offload on the bridge ports. Thanks.

sourianos86
just joined

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 pm

i have report at mikrotik suport this problem but nothing hapents