Community discussions

MikroTik App

giorgiop
Topic Author

Redirect users to specific URL after connecting to WiFi

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Good evening people!
i want to do the following scenario. Imagine having an Access Point used for advertising purposes only (using an external web-page for the content). I want the users to connect to the free WiFi, then it will redirect them to the external web-page. I tried doing it using a hotspot, using a redirect URL and hidden (pre-defined) username & password, but i haven't found a way (as i dont know anything about HTML) how to auto-press the LOGIN button so, when you connect to the wifi, it will pop-up the login.html, will auto-press the login button and redirect the customer to the desired URL. When i connect to the wifi, i press the LOGIN button and everything works fine, yet i would like to have it auto-pressed.

Of course thats not the only way it could be done, i also tried using the proxy and redirect all http requests to that page, but when you connect to the wifi there is no http request so the customer will not have the info automatically. Thus, anyone could connect and try using Instant Messages, and not the HTTP.

any other ideas?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Redirect users to specific URL after connecting to WiFi

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am

Simplest would be to leave the login buton visible but rename it,. Maybe say "Click here to connect: CONNECT"
or agree to terms of service when using this connection: [AGREE]
No answer to your question? How to write posts

giorgiop
Topic Author

Re: Redirect users to specific URL after connecting to WiFi

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:36 pm

yeap, i already thought of it but the AP would act like an "advertising point", so they dont want to have something like and extra page/button, just directly to the landing page. Yet, its another quest for me and i wanna solve it, even if they dont use it :) still trying to see what is going on, i think that using a trial account for me case is the best option but still trying to figure out how to bypass the button