Community discussions

MikroTik App

benibilme
just joined
Topic Author

Usermanager WPA2 EAP encryption - 2

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 am

Hello,

This question has been asked previously viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128741 but no body gave a clear answer. I would like to open this issue again since I have been desperately struggling with this issue and spend enormous amount of time. I have tried almost all combinations of settings stated below. So any help much appreciated.

I am a newbie in Mikrotik. I want to set up wpa2 eap access for wireless to radius (usermanager). I can authorize static dhcp leases againts usermanager, but I am unable to authenticate users that are identified with username and password in usermanager. I could not figure out the wireless settings in usermanager.

My wireless interface security profile is as follows

Flags: * - default
0 * name="default" mode=dynamic-keys authentication-types=wpa2-eap unicast-ciphers=aes-ccm group-ciphers=aes-ccm wpa-pre-shared-key="12345678"
wpa2-pre-shared-key="12345678" supplicant-identity="anonim kimlik" eap-methods="" tls-mode=dont-verify-certificate tls-certificate=none mschapv2-username="username"
mschapv2-password="password" static-algo-0=none static-key-0="" static-algo-1=none static-key-1="" static-algo-2=none static-key-2="" static-algo-3=none
static-key-3="" static-transmit-key=key-0 static-sta-private-algo=none static-sta-private-key="" radius-mac-authentication=no radius-mac-accounting=no
radius-eap-accounting=yes interim-update=0s radius-mac-format=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX radius-mac-mode=as-username radius-mac-caching=disabled group-key-update=5m
management-protection=disabled management-protection-key=""
Spectacle.Z10761.png
Spectacle.xv9097.png
Spectacle.Qb9097.png

User manager user setting as follows
Spectacle.Lh9249.png
My radius server setting as follows
Spectacle.nS9249.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

td32
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Usermanager WPA2 EAP encryption - 2

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 am

User-Manager does not support any EAP method
you can use freeradius on an external machine
Last edited by td32 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

benibilme
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 am

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. It is sad that I have spent many hours thinking that this was possible. I was thinking that I am doing something wrong.
I have read posts that imply this is possible, or maybe I misunderstood.... However I could not understand how such a crucial function have not implement yet?
Anyhow thank you very much.

ErfanDL

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 am

for now Im using dalo and freeradius on raspberry pi 3 machine. https://github.com/pihomeserver/Kupiki-Hotspot-Script

pihomeserver
just joined

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Very happy that you tried it and i hope that you find it suitable to your needs !!
for now Im using dalo and freeradius on raspberry pi 3 machine. https://github.com/pihomeserver/Kupiki-Hotspot-Script