Community discussions

MikroTik App

wguertl
just joined
Topic Author

wAP LTE Kit: lte1 interface does not register to austrian A1 network (static ip-APN)

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi,
The ISP has two APN's assigned to the SIM. Both APN's are working very well with an alcatel HH40V lte-modem.

The mikrotik lte interface does register/connect with the following APN settings:

APN: fixip.a1.net
Username: ppp@a1plus.at
Password: ppp
Auth: chap
-> NOT working

APN: a1.net
Username: ppp@a1plus.at
Password: ppp
Auth: chap
-> Working

This is very strange. I tied with firmware 6.41 and 6.42rc6.

Any help/hint would be very appreciated!
Last edited by wguertl on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swoga
just joined

Re: wAP LTE Kit: lte1 interface does not register to austrian A1 network (static ip-APN)

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am

Hi,

we had this problem twice.
When the fixip APN was used first on a different location, registration was not possible anymore, only the standard APN worked.
You should call the hotline, they can reset something in their network to make it work again.

wguertl
just joined
Topic Author

Re: wAP LTE Kit: lte1 interface does not register to austrian A1 network (static ip-APN)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I had a conversation and trial and error session (2 hours) with the A1 technical support. NO Success with the wAP LTE kit (6.41.1). But with the SXT LTE the LTE-registration does succeed WITHOUT getting dns-entries from the A1 dhcp server. It seems to be there are two issues:

- the A1 dhcp server does not send correct dns-server entries or
- the mikrotik firmware has an error processing these requests and

the result for the SXT-LTE is: connecting to the A1 network even without dns entries
an for the wAP-LTE kit the resault may be: the lte connection is not completed or is aborted. (no meanigfull lte enabled logs are available on the wAP LTE kit)

w

ZschimmerIT

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi, same problems here!

Tested with several SIM cards; only those without APN authentication are working fine.
When I put in the authentication PAP/CHAP and User/PW every time the sim registers to the network it disconnects after 1-2 seconds and then try's to reconnect.
After a while (around 5 minutes) the registration stays but without IP's.
In the "connect"- moment there is no dynamic IP-address provided by the provider...
When I'm using a Sim Card which doesn't need credentials the dyn IP is provided directly after the "connect".
I'm using German providers like Vodafone, T-mobile, O2 - all M2M Cards

When I'm using a LTE Stick on an hAP ac and the stick is recognized as ppp-usb then I can put in the APN + PPP user/PW and all sim's are woking fine.

Actual RouterOS 6.41.2 and also tested with 6.42.RC24 / basic config.

Marcel

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: wAP LTE Kit: lte1 interface does not register to austrian A1 network (static ip-APN)  [SOLVED]

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm

For the WAP LTE that needs a user authentication there is a need for a LTE firmware upgrade to v008.
Please see the attachment how to do the LTE firmware upgrade. The LTE firmware upgrade can only be executed via active LTE connection as the LTE modem is connecting to the firmware server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZschimmerIT

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Thank you!!!!

Worked for me!

Cheers

wes93
just joined

Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:28 pm

For the WAP LTE that needs a user authentication there is a need for a LTE firmware upgrade to v008.
Please see the attachment how to do the LTE firmware upgrade. The LTE firmware upgrade can only be executed via active LTE connection as the LTE modem is connecting to the firmware server.
Thanks a lot!!
I have MikroTik LHG LTE kit, for update the FW can I use the same procedure?
Thanks a lot
Stefano

Niex

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:41 pm

How do this without LTE? By ethernet ?
My LTE does not register

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 am

Thanks a lot!!
I have MikroTik LHG LTE kit, for update the FW can I use the same procedure?
Thanks a lot
Stefano
It's the same but LHG LTE doesn't need firmware upgrade at the moment.

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 am

How do this without LTE? By ethernet ?
My LTE does not register
You can't without LTE connected.

rasumichin
just joined

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 am

Hi all,
as it took me ages to find out why my Austrian SIM cards using A1 network (yesss, bob) didn't work with WAP LTE and the solution provided above by uldis (R11e firmware upgrade with at commands) didn't upgrade the firmware, here is the solution i succeeded with:

1.) Upgrade to latest RouterOS version (v6.45.7 in my case)

2.) Use the terminal and execute the following command:
/interface lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes

petesky
just joined

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:41 am

Hi !

I'm on latest 015 firmware and had same issues with t-mobile (lot of "lte1: not registred, state: 0") . As far the modem works and netwatch restarts the usb routerboard. So is there any solution ?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:02 pm

sometimes help clean a contacts at sim card,
sometime SIM must be replace in ISP to new one (old SIM can be not compatibile)
sometime disable PIN helps.

Enable log-s topic=lte and publish results. Mainly AT+CPIN give OK ?

petesky
just joined

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 am

I assume its a problem with stability of RBWAPR-2ND&R11E-LTE with one sim (keeping LTE up and running - maybe a "near dead spot" problem) so i think i will upgrade at least to RBSXTR&R11E-LTE6 with two sim.

funnycat55
just joined

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:17 pm

I get output: ERROR when i try to use the provided commands