Community discussions

MikroTik App

shardlake2
just joined
Topic Author

WAP60G 5GHz Support

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if the wAP60G supports 5GHz 802.11ac as well as 802.11ad? the IPQ4019 fitted has 2 x 5GHz chains.

does any one know if Miktotik make any other board with IPQ4019 @ 5GHz?

Thanks

CyB3RMX
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: WAP60G 5GHz Support

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Nop.. only 60Ghz.
Soon they will release an LHG60, with the same form factor of the LHG with a 60Ghz radio. Im not sure if they are using the same chip

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:46 pm

SXTsq AC is IPQ based

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:12 am

Ignitnet 60 ghz solutions have the 5 GHz for backup I hope that MIkortik in near future develope a similar solution

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Ignitnet 60 ghz solutions have the 5 GHz for backup I hope that MIkortik in near future develope a similar solution
And a triple frequency Base station.

sup5

Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 am

Today I opened the WAP60G.
It seems that 802.11ac Wave2 2x2 MIMO already has been prepared on the PCB in terms of missing amplifiers and antennas/connectors (labeled CH0 and CH1) for the 5GHz band.
Have a look at the pictures below.

So it could be possible, that we would get a future RB-LHG60G5HPacD :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am

For that price, why not just put a second link with a couple of SXTsq Lite5?

sup5

Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Because that means:
1) add another router (i.e. HexPoE) to each site to maintain the redundancy functionality and PoE
2) add additional cabling
3) needs more space and on the mast

Having 5GHz and 60GHz within ONE device would create lots of possiblities for redundancy, because routing & STP metrics could be derived from wireless conditions (WDS influences STP costs for example).
I.e. the Traffic could be routed/switched over to the 5GHz link, BEFORE any traffic is lost on the 60GHz link.

I'd really love such combined 60GHz/5G Hz device, because it allows to really go for the max. distance of 60GHz and have the safety of 5GHz when the whether is bad.

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 am

This is one of the stupidest answers you wrote.
60GHz is problematic on rain/snow as you probably know. 5GHz backup is not option, it is needed.
Maybe would be better to listen to the customers who actually buy your equipment then to make conclusions by yourself? Maybe to ask your customers what they think about it?
WirelessRudy in some forum topic wrote how should it work. 5GHz should be off by default and fire up only when main 60G is down because of instability. This could be done by scripts but it would be better by design.
We won't 5G spectrum flooded when 60G is standard operation mode but we definitely need backup when if fails.
Paying, mounting and managing two devices on user roof is just ridiculous.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 24, 2018 2:34 am

60GHz is problematic on rain/snow as you probably know. 5GHz backup is not option, it is needed.
Maybe would be better to listen to the customers who actually buy your equipment then to make conclusions by yourself? Maybe to ask your customers what they think about it?
WirelessRudy in some forum topic wrote how should it work. 5GHz should be off by default and fire up only when main 60G is down because of instability. This could be done by scripts but it would be better by design.
We won't 5G spectrum flooded when 60G is standard operation mode but we definitely need backup when if fails.
Paying, mounting and managing two devices on user roof is just ridiculous.

100% agree

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 am

Let me clarify, you are willing to pay double to have a built-in 5GHz backup and twice the size?
In that case, you will have to wait for the "pro" model.

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 24, 2018 9:35 am

Let me clarify, you are willing to pay double to have a built-in 5GHz backup and twice the size?
As I mentioned, 60GHz isn't reliable 100%. 5GHz is must.
Double price? Why? In my calculation, it should be 20-30$ more then current one without.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 24, 2018 9:48 am

I am willing to pay. I need it now.

Bergante
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 am

I wonder, Mikrotik. Have you considered adding some heating option to the LHG-60? It has been done for LED traffic
lights. That would avoid (or at least mitigate) the problem of snow sticking to the antenna.

It could even made automatic. It could trigger by temperature and signal drops consistent with snow/hail.

Just an idea.

antonsb
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am

Snow and rain does not affect link that much. There will be some added attention but link will still stay up. 5GHz backup in most cases is unnecessary.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 24, 2018 11:41 am

Snow and rain does not affect link that much. There will be some added attention but link will still stay up. 5GHz backup in most cases is unnecessary.
even not if we go to the Limit of 60 Ghz Range, look at Ignite....
Take a look to the Sector and to the Client Device....
That is the way we need, but with functions of ROS!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 24, 2018 11:53 am

We have these links running during Latvian autumn and winter, with lots of snow. I can't speak for Ignite, we are telling you experience with MikroTik 60GHz products now.

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 24, 2018 12:27 pm

One joke:
For you, NV2 have significant improvements too :)

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 pm

We have these links running during Latvian autumn and winter, with lots of snow. I can't speak for Ignite, we are telling you experience with MikroTik 60GHz products now.
we have 10 Sets tin Backorder, when i get one i can share experience to.
But rainfade @WAP60G doing 80m link is significant!

mlenhart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm

I am willing to pay. I need it now.
+1000

antonsb
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm

we have 10 Sets tin Backorder, when i get one i can share experience to.
But rainfade @WAP60G doing 80m link is significant!
There should be no rain fade at 80m distance with wAPs check if they are aligned correctly.