Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

wireless interface driver problems

Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:11 pm

Using Wrap .2C Geocode 1100
1. wireless card CM9
2. wireless card NMP-8602 PLUS (FCC)

RouterOS 2.9.38

After first install both cards are visible in system. After power off/ power on (simulating power failure) one card is missing fom system (NMP). After "system reboot" card is visible again. After diabling few system packets and rebooting card is visible again. After another reboot card is missing again. I am out of options. Tried with few mikrotik versions, with few other cards (same vendor), with few other CF memory cards but problem still remains. Did anyone had similar problems?

Thank you all...

Smith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

update

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:23 pm

After some googling i came up with this:

A problem exists with WRAP boards which do not correctly detect the card on a cold boot. After a reboot the card works properly. WRAP boards with firmware 1.11 or newer cold boot properly and do not have this problem.

Firmware version on my wrap board is 1.09.

Anyone know where to find newer firmware if it is even possible to find one?

Thank you

tneumann

Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:55 pm

bjohns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 am

I've seen the same behavior but only with the NMP-8602 PLUS. It would appear to be that the WRAP1 does not like that particular adapter. The same adapter works fine in a WRAP2. I've tried many different boards and adapters however that combination always has the problem described by the OP.

This is using the latest firmware image.

Smith
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:26 am

I have updated firmware and everything works superb now :) This problem cost me one license because for some reason License key changed after reinstall, but at least it s behind me now :)