Community discussions

MikroTik App

luidoltp
Topic Author

Wireless Wire (RBwAPG-60ad kit) default configuration

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

for the communication of a PLC with a sub module I would like to use the new Wireless Wire devices to establish a layer 2 connection (layer 2 is needed by the PLC). Before buying those devices, I would like to test the setup with mikrotik hardware I already have. In the past I already configured a wireless layer2 bridge but I always had some troubles with it.

I tried to find information in the wiki and in the forum but I wasn't able to find answers to the following two questions:
a) Can I run my test with other mikrotik devices and conclude that it will be working / not working with the wireless wire?
b) Where can I find the default configuration that is used in the wireless wire devices?

I am aware that the frequency of the wireless wire is higher and thus the speed is expected to be higher. For testing purpose this should not matter to my setup.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks, Lui

Matess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless Wire (RBwAPG-60ad kit) default configuration

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 pm

what troubles do you have with bridge on mikrotik? bridge vs station bridge works like L2, you can also try WDS. That works like L2. Wireless wire also acts like L2, but to be honest I dont know why do you need gigabit connectioni to PLC....

You have strange questions and weird obeservations and also not very informing post?

to be clear wireless wire works totally differently. If you want i can give you an export of config, but you wont be able to replicate that on different HW. 60G is special.

I dont know why PLC should not work... with mikrotik there are many ways how to do it... bridge is simple, wds is also an option and you can also use EoIP.

myhaycracyun
just joined

Re: Wireless Wire (RBwAPG-60ad kit) default configuration

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 pm

I have a MIKRO TIK RBwAPG-60ad KIT.

First time I had 6.42.5 and was with the Master and Slave.
Then I updated from 6.42.5 to 6.43.7 and today at 6.43.11.
Since then (6.45.5) when I want to see the status of both units, the values are updating very very slow or nothing at all. (signal, mcs, PHY Rate, RSSI).
When I had 6.42.5, the values were updating very fast, in real time, when the traffic was high or slow.
Now on 6.43.7 or 6.43.11 as I said, the values are updating very very slow. I have to reboot the units to see real values.
Any ideas?

I have on one unit (receiver): 110 m, signal 95, mcs 8, phy 2.3 Gbps and rssi -56 to - -62.
I have on the second unit (signal with the internet input): signal 65, mcs 8
a. Are good values for this distance? Was it supposed to be better?
b. signal and mcs must be the same on both units?

Sometimes I have to give some more restarts to get good values for the mc and rssi signals. It is normal ?
transmitter.jpg
receiver.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.