Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaimearmandofc
just joined
Topic Author

lost signal without reason ... aliens?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:48 pm

I have a 30 meter tower with a dynadish (10km) and a netmetal (30km) at the top, a half tower several sectors to distribute. my strange case is the following:
some days during the night, not always, the dynadish and the netmetal lose signal, they go from being -59 to -90 (netmetal) and from -58 to -67 the dyna, for unknown reasons, in my experience interference or use of channel by another AP does not affect the signal level so drastically, it seems as if the antennas are misaligned or some object covers them during that period of time, the strange thing is that during the early morning they are reset, remaining at good signal levels.
if it were the wind that moves them ... at dawn there will be no wind that leaves them aligned again, it is impossible. I do not have an explanation for this. Will the earth move?

tengo una torre de 30 metros con una dynadish (10km) y un netmetal (30km) en la punta, a media torre varias sectoriales para distribuir. mi caso extraño es el siguiente:
algunos dias durante la noche, no siempre, la dynadish y la netmetal pierden señal, pasan de estar a -59 a -90 (netmetal) y de -58 a -67 la dyna, por causas desconocidas, en mi experiencia interferencia o uso de canal por otro AP no afecta el nivel de señal tan drasticamente, pareciera como si las antenas se desalinearan o algun objeto las tape durante ese periodode tiempo, lo extraño es que durante la madrugada se vuelven a restablecer, quedando a niveles de señal buenos.
si fuera el viento que las mueve... en la madrugada no aria viento que las deje alineadas nuevamente, es imposible. no tengo una explicacion para esto. sera la tierra que se mueve?

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: lost signal without reason ... aliens?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:16 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_(meteorology)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_duct
Ever turn on a radio and the station you normally receive fine is now all static or is actually a distant station instead of the local one? Same principles.

The greater the difference in altitude between the two end points, the greater the effect can be!

haik01

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Is there a river in between the link? Are there any ships passing by with big containers on top of the ship, that blocks the signal?

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 am

Are this links over water?