Got my wireless wire pair in today, tonight I am testing them out and they WERE working great! Until.....
- out of habit I always go and upgrade firmware on things like this.
- downloaded firmware on both units using the "check for updates" function.
- did the master side first (I'm connected to the slave with laptop)
- master comes back online, I'm trying to hit the "download and install" button on the slave but it can't resolve DNS now because the link simply isn't registering now
- finally slave unit connects and gets internet to hit the download and install, downloading.....
- during the downloading part, I can't remember if it actually took the firmware upgrade or not, but I lost winbox connection
- now I can NEVER get back into it with winbox, NOTHING shows up in the "neighbors" either
- I reboot the unit, reboot computer, tried doing a FACTORY RESET, not matter what I do, I can no longer see it listed in the neighbors, nor can I even ping it when I put my computer on the same 192.168.88.xx network (don't think I could ping them prior anyways, maybe Mikrotik had a firewall rule setup
- Giving up now, and the only thing I can notice is that this unit lights for Ethernet seem to be going on/off on occasion
I can grab the MASTER unit and plug into it, see it in the neighbors, etc. and everything is fine and normal. Do these things have some flaky ethernet ports maybe? Or is the firmware on it corrupted now? They also don't seem to be registering either on the wireless side........