Community discussions

MikroTik App

anil
Topic Author

Any One Wireless Expert here!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

i want to hire a wirelss expert who can help me on disconnection issues i have mant19s as AP and mix of LHG and UBNT devices as CPE.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Any One Wireless Expert here!

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 am

how about if you make a normal topic, with clear question in topic title, and clear problem description?

anil
Topic Author

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm

how about if you make a normal topic, with clear question in topic title, and clear problem description?
Although my wireless clients are in range they keep disconnecting, why?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Could you be more elaborate please ..
You have asked a question: "Doctor, I'm ill ... why?"

solar77
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Ha Ha that's funny!

Anyway. if you have UBNT as CPE, monitor their signal level and noise floor to start with
PS: there would be many many reason. you want to ask, what has changed?

weixvenum

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I guess you need to elaboratemore on what do you meen by disconnects?? Like really disconencting to the wifi signal meaning they are kick out and would need to reconnect? Or is the signal streng bad? Or maybe they are connected to wifi and have a good signal strength but they cant get internet?

anil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 am

Hello All i am using mANT box as AP and i have mixture of CPE of Mikrotik and UBNT. i am having too much disconnection on peak hours as attached below, there is good line of sight between AP and CPEs if some body can help me on this please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 am

I guess you need to elaboratemore on what do you meen by disconnects?? Like really disconencting to the wifi signal meaning they are kick out and would need to reconnect? Or is the signal streng bad? Or maybe they are connected to wifi and have a good signal strength but they cant get internet?
i am using mANT box as AP and i have mixture of CPE of Mikrotik and UBNT. i am having too much disconnection on peak hours as attached below, there is good line of sight between AP and CPEs if some body can help me on this please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 am

i am using mANT box as AP and i have mixture of CPE of Mikrotik and UBNT. i am having too much disconnection on peak hours as attached below, there is good line of sight between AP and CPEs if some body can help me on this please.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue May 22, 2018 12:38 pm

-68,-74 are not good signals, what is CPE device's distance, also good to know noise floor, are all devices disconnecting or just CPEs with signal >-65

anil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm

-68,-74 are not good signals, what is CPE device's distance, also good to know noise floor, are all devices disconnecting or just CPEs with signal >-65
what about -63s? All the devices are with in 2km distances. Most of all devices are disconnected which are <-65 as well.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 am

In your log I can see only CPEs with bad signals disconnecting.
LHG->MantBox15 2km >-63 signal dude probably LOS is not so good, theoretical signal level should be in range of -50, -58
if you are sure you have good LOS maybe your mantBox angle is not adjust well
MantBox is 120 degree (Horizontal Elevation) sector antenna you should be aware of that, also you can try adjusting little up and down (Vertical Elevation) see if you have any signal improvement
You are using 802.11 protocol theoretically CPEs with bad signals may be the "trigger" to this problem with nv2,airmax protocols (TDMA) you don't have that.
Thats why connecting UBQ and Mikrotik CPEs on same AP is not wrong but bad idea.

anil
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2018 3:41 pm

LHG->MantBox15 2km >-63 signal dude probably LOS is not so good, theoretical signal level should be in range of -50, -58
MantBox is 120 degree (Horizontal Elevation) sector antenna you should be aware of that, also you can try adjusting little up and down (Vertical Elevation) see if you have any signal improvement
You are using 802.11 protocol theoretically CPEs with bad signals may be the "trigger" to this problem with nv2,airmax protocols (TDMA) you don't have that.
Thats why connecting UBQ and Mikrotik CPEs on same AP is not wrong but bad idea.
We have tried almost everything that you said its not with only some customer its with most of all my wireless customers.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu May 24, 2018 10:52 pm

We have tried almost everything that you said its not with only some customer its with most of all my wireless customers.
Dude just told you, your clients signal level is very very bad for 2km distance.

networkfudge
Trainer
Trainer

Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 am

As others have pointed your signal levels are terribly low for such short distances. This means that your links are misaligned, not to mention also potentially riddled with LOS, fresnel, intererference and frequency problems.

If you don't take care to make a good job at the physical layer, then nothing you do after that is going to help you much.

anil
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am

As others have pointed your signal levels are terribly low for such short distances. This means that your links are misaligned, not to mention also potentially riddled with LOS, fresnel, intererference and frequency problems.

If you don't take care to make a good job at the physical layer, then nothing you do after that is going to help you much.
Have you got any photos or video that shows best way to align mANT 19s.

anil
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 pm

what is wrong with this customer this is in distance of 2km this customer is using disclite as cpe.
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.30.29.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.30.15.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.30.05.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.29.54.png