Community discussions

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

5GHz Wi-Fi problem on hAP ac lite

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 am

Hi.

I've faced the problem with 5 GHz Wi-Fi on my hAP ac lite router. Suddenly it dissapeared on my PC. It wasn't that stable all the time I've used it but at least I could connect and I could use it.
Now I even don't see 5 GHz AP - only 2.4. Nothing changed. It just dissapeared.
I thought it was my ASUS Wi-Fi adapter to blame and change it for ASUS PCI-E adapter but it didn't see 5 GHz AP too.
Then I thought ASUS adapters are bad and bought TP-Link and it doesn't see 5 GHz AP too.

Besides, all of my smartphones - 3 Samsung Galaxy's - use 5 GHz just fine. 2.4 GHz is stable for all devices as far as I could check.

I don't know what is wrong for me - Windows 10 or Mikrotik but I've checked those adapters on my laptop and the result was the same - no 5 GHz AP.

Tried reset to defaults and even flash latest firmware with netinstall - nothing helped.

Ready to give you any info.
Here's my interfaces config:
[admin@MikroTik] > /interface wireless export
# mar/12/2018 22:16:37 by RouterOS 6.41.2
# software id = YIL0-1FGX
#
# model = RouterBOARD 952Ui-5ac2nD
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" management-protection=allowed mode=dynamic-keys \
name=bro supplicant-identity="" wpa2-pre-shared-key=password
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n channel-width=20/40mhz-Ce disabled=no distance=\
indoors frequency=auto mode=ap-bridge security-profile=bro ssid=APName2 wireless-protocol=\
802.11 wps-mode=disabled
set [ find default-name=wlan2 ] band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40mhz-Ce country=russia2 disabled=\
no distance=indoors frequency=auto frequency-mode=regulatory-domain mode=ap-bridge \
security-profile=bro ssid=APName tx-power=11 tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed \
wireless-protocol=unspecified wps-mode=disabled
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan2 enable-polling=no
Thanks in advance.

haik01

Re: 5GHz Wi-Fi problem on hAP ac lite

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm

This should be 802.11. Normal PC's and phone cannot talk Mikrotik propriety protocol (unless you have flashed your Android phone with Router OS.... :D )

erlinden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Try setting 5G radio to a fixed channel. Don't know the implementation of MikroTik but it sure can help.

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

This should be 802.11. Normal PC's and phone cannot talk Mikrotik propriety protocol (unless you have flashed your Android phone with Router OS.... :D )
Didn't get it. What should I do with nstreme? Disable or enable it? It's enabled by default. But I didn't ever touch this option so why it can be the reason?

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Try setting 5G radio to a fixed channel. Don't know the implementation of MikroTik but it sure can help.
Testes with all channels available. No result.

Kindis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:59 am

Had simular issues with my wAP AC but noticed in the log after a while that it said radar detect and tried another channel and then loop. Added a channel that does not require radar scan here. This made 5 Ghz stabil for me.

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Had simular issues with my wAP AC but noticed in the log after a while that it said radar detect and tried another channel and then loop. Added a channel that does not require radar scan here. This made 5 Ghz stabil for me.
What channel did you choose?

http://prntscr.com/ist7is

WirtelPL

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:17 am

First choose 20/40 MHz Ce and use Snooper https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... ss#Snooper to specify best channel. If they do not help, then you can try to broaden the bandwidth: 20/40/80 MHz Ceee or eeeC.
On the screen you don't show channels, but bandwidth.

Also set wireless protocol as 802.11.
RB951G-2HnD for home production
RBmAP2nD | RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC for home lab

haik01

Re: 5GHz Wi-Fi problem on hAP ac lite  [SOLVED]

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:48 pm

nstream and nv2 are Mikrotik propriety protocols which will work ONLY between two Mikrotik's. It will NOT work betwen a mobile phone / tablet / laptop and Mikrotik AP.

These protocols are used for point to point connections.

So set it to 802.11 protocol, so every phone / tablet will recognize it.

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 am

nstream and nv2 are Mikrotik propriety protocols which will work ONLY between two Mikrotik's. It will NOT work betwen a mobile phone / tablet / laptop and Mikrotik AP.

These protocols are used for point to point connections.

So set it to 802.11 protocol, so every phone / tablet will recognize it.
It's disabled by default: http://prntscr.com/itm53l

Korben
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:34 am

First choose 20/40 MHz Ce and use Snooper https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... ss#Snooper to specify best channel. If they do not help, then you can try to broaden the bandwidth: 20/40/80 MHz Ceee or eeeC.
On the screen you don't show channels, but bandwidth.

Also set wireless protocol as 802.11.
802.11 already set.
Snooper results: http://prntscr.com/itm60q - nothing special I guess - but after I've chosen 5220 freq. my AP became visible and I could connect!

Thank you!