Community discussions

MikroTik App

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

LHG XL 5 AC-problem link at 18 km distance

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Today, we decided to mount two LHG XL 5ACs against each other at a distance of 18 km (on map). At first I was skeptical that a link at a distance of at least 100 Mbps or at least 80 Mbps could be achieved. Just as we took antennas that were in version 6.40.2 (factory), we encountered a problem, they did not want to save the settings and logged in the log file "" kernel error and previous boot. "I wrote to Mikrotik and told me with Netinstall to upload the .6.42rc39 version I downloaded the corresponding version, and the log file and logon problems stopped. We heawe a paralel link (the antennas are placed on a mast with one spacer spacing) has a built-in 90-cm double-rack and rake-mounted parabolik antenas - RB911G- 5HPacD (in aluminum boxes), which carries about 160-1 80 Mbps TCP (real and test traffic) The strangest thing is that with this link with LHG XL 5AC I was not able to spend more than 5 Mbps I tried different protocols nstreme, nv2 Any frequencies including Custom With WDS without WDS. Only with "A" band with A / N band with A / N / AC, I also tried 20 MHz, 20/40 MHz, 20/40/80 MHz What I did not try! It's clear that the air is silent I've attached a scan file in the photos) but you can not spend at least! 50 Mbps is more than an exposure. The problem and the fact that Micropic AC boards do not support Spectral scan, spectral history. It was written in the forum three years ago to put Spectral-scan, spectral history, but it does not appear to be a separate topic of conversation. I have also noticed that whenever I run a Bandwith test, for example Rx, the corresponding CCQ drops sharply, ie if, for example, 60% falls to 5%. In my opinion, these antennas of this series do not work at distances of more than 10-12 km .... although they are given a 20-km distance to the LHG XL 5AC. Apparently, the bugs do not lend themselves so much to the shake and the start-up school with boards in aluminum cans and feeder says its word ie. are stable. By the way, on the same roof at a distance of no more than 3-4 meters there are antennas of one of the three mobile operators but I can not tell exactly who. You will say that it is one of them, but why then the parallel link with the parabolic antenas is not influenced by them, who is also on AC.
With what settings to try out these antennas LHG XL 5AC to be able to carry at least 100 mbps ?
My Ticket#2018031622002881 is NO ANSWER ....WHY?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG XL 5 AC-problem link at 18 km distance

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Welcome to the world with Mikrotik 802.11ac devices and with ROS not capable for this features!

avacha

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:58 pm

It's arm hardware... Try standart 802.11 first, it may suddenly works better (strange, but on new Mikrotik ARM devices it work a far better that nv2 or nstream.. Oh, I'm wrong - this is nstream/nv2 works much worse than 802.11... nevermind).
Socond, do not use short guard interval on 18km link. You may loose some numbers in Tx/Rx rate, but stability will be better.
And third - why you buy MT before readig first? Many sources can provide you actual today info about current situation with MT wireless.
MT made unbeatable routers for it's price, but new MT wireless devices have some... problems.

megalar
just joined

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Your CCQ is Too Low.....thats one of the reason your real tcp traffic is to low....

megalar
just joined

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Today, we decided to mount two LHG XL 5ACs against each other at a distance of 18 km (on map). At first I was skeptical that a link at a distance of at least 100 Mbps or at least 80 Mbps could be achieved. Just as we took antennas that were in version 6.40.2 (factory), we encountered a problem, they did not want to save the settings and logged in the log file "" kernel error and previous boot. "I wrote to Mikrotik and told me with Netinstall to upload the .6.42rc39 version I downloaded the corresponding version, and the log file and logon problems stopped. We heawe a paralel link (the antennas are placed on a mast with one spacer spacing) has a built-in 90-cm double-rack and rake-mounted parabolik antenas - RB911G- 5HPacD (in aluminum boxes), which carries about 160-1 80 Mbps TCP (real and test traffic) The strangest thing is that with this link with LHG XL 5AC I was not able to spend more than 5 Mbps I tried different protocols nstreme, nv2 Any frequencies including Custom With WDS without WDS. Only with "A" band with A / N band with A / N / AC, I also tried 20 MHz, 20/40 MHz, 20/40/80 MHz What I did not try! It's clear that the air is silent I've attached a scan file in the photos) but you can not spend at least! 50 Mbps is more than an exposure. The problem and the fact that Micropic AC boards do not support Spectral scan, spectral history. It was written in the forum three years ago to put Spectral-scan, spectral history, but it does not appear to be a separate topic of conversation. I have also noticed that whenever I run a Bandwith test, for example Rx, the corresponding CCQ drops sharply, ie if, for example, 60% falls to 5%. In my opinion, these antennas of this series do not work at distances of more than 10-12 km .... although they are given a 20-km distance to the LHG XL 5AC. Apparently, the bugs do not lend themselves so much to the shake and the start-up school with boards in aluminum cans and feeder says its word ie. are stable. By the way, on the same roof at a distance of no more than 3-4 meters there are antennas of one of the three mobile operators but I can not tell exactly who. You will say that it is one of them, but why then the parallel link with the parabolic antenas is not influenced by them, who is also on AC.
With what settings to try out these antennas LHG XL 5AC to be able to carry at least 100 mbps ?
My Ticket#2018031622002881 is NO ANSWER ....WHY?
ccq affects is too low....we have a 15kms LHG XL AC at @170Mbps....without a problem

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 pm

Your CCQ is Too Low.....thats one of the reason your real tcp traffic is to low....
After two years... :)