Community discussions

MikroTik App

blikz
just joined
Topic Author

Chromecast weird behavior

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Hello,

I have a RB951G-2HnD on my network and everything works fine except a weird behavior with chromecast 2gen.

My problem is that i can cast everything to this chromecast from any smartphone but when i try to cast from a desktop i get this error message: "No Cast Destination Found, need help?"

Here's the print of my settings on the wireless network:
 0  R name="WLAN" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=***** arp=reply-only disable-running-check=no interface-type=Atheros AR9300 radio-name="E48D8CE99F8E" 
      mode=ap-bridge ssid=***** area="" frequency-mode=manual-txpower country=brazil antenna-gain=0 frequency=auto band=2ghz-b/g/n channel-width=20mhz 
      secondary-channel="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=802.11 rate-set=default supported-rates-b=1Mbps,2Mbps,5.5Mbps,11Mbps 
      supported-rates-a/g=6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps basic-rates-b=1Mbps basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps max-station-count=2007 distance=dynamic 
      tx-power-mode=default noise-floor-threshold=default nv2-noise-floor-offset=default vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none 
      wds-default-cost=100 wds-cost-range=50-150 wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=disabled bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes 
      default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 wmm-support=disabled hide-ssid=no security-profile=default wps-mode=disabled station-roaming=enabled 
      disconnect-timeout=3s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both compression=no allow-sharedkey=no station-bridge-clone-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 ampdu-priorities=0 
      guard-interval=any ht-supported-mcs=mcs-0,mcs-1,mcs-2,mcs-3,mcs-4,mcs-5,mcs-6,mcs-7,mcs-8,mcs-9,mcs-10,mcs-11,mcs-12,mcs-13,mcs-14,mcs-15,mcs-16,mcs-17,mcs-18,mcs-
                 19,mcs-20,mcs-21,mcs-22,mcs-23 
      ht-basic-mcs=mcs-0,mcs-1,mcs-2,mcs-3,mcs-4,mcs-5,mcs-6,mcs-7 tx-chains=0,1 rx-chains=0,1 amsdu-limit=8192 amsdu-threshold=8192 tdma-period-size=2 nv2-queue-count=2 
      nv2-qos=default nv2-cell-radius=30 nv2-security=disabled nv2-preshared-key="" nv2-mode=dynamic-downlink nv2-downlink-ratio=50 nv2-sync-secret="" hw-retries=7 
      frame-lifetime=0 adaptive-noise-immunity=none hw-fragmentation-threshold=disabled hw-protection-mode=none hw-protection-threshold=0 frequency-offset=0 
      rate-selection=advanced multicast-helper=full multicast-buffering=enabled keepalive-frames=enabled 
And yes, we use ARP as REPLY ONLY and the chromecast is added to the ARP.

Thanks for the help!

blikz
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chromecast weird behavior

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:25 am

up! bcause i really need help on this!

hitalfa
just joined

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm

You problem has nothing to do with RB, please read this link.

In step 5:
If other devices (e.g. phones, tablets) can't cast successfully, then it's likely an issue with your router or network. Try rebooting your Wi-Fi router by unplugging and plugging the power source. Make sure that your Chromecast device and other devices are connected to the same network. After your Cast device boots up, check that the network name displayed on the TV is the same one currently selected on your computer, mobile device, or tablet.

If other devices can cast successfully, then issues with your computer and/or Chrome are likely. Make sure your computer is on the same network as your Chromecast device. Confirm your Chrome browser is up to date. To check the version number, type about://chrome into the search bar. If the browser needs to be updated, click Update Google Chrome to update your Chrome browser to the latest version. Disconnect from Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) or proxy servers. Chromecast devices can't communicate with a laptop over these networks. If you need help with this, please check with your service provider for instructions. Ensure that firewall/antivirus software are up to date and aren’t blocking connections to the Chromecast device. Firewall: If you are renting a wireless router, please contact your internet provider. If you purchased the router, check your network firewall settings.

rudycorp2
just joined

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 am

i have the same problem.. its work perfectly whit other router, but dont work on mikrotik.. i dont know whats happens!!

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 am

i have the same problem.. its work perfectly whit other router, but dont work on mikrotik.. i dont know whats happens!!
I have never had issues with Chromecast (Gen1 and Gen2) on Mikrotik at 20MHz and 802.11b/g/n. I have a motel with over 20 Chromecasts all happily talking to Mikrotik. The only thing I can can see here is you have WMM turned off. Of course, always use the 'current' ROS.