Community discussions

MikroTik App

dracmic
just joined
Topic Author

Does solar farm influence the 5GHz signal?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:55 am

Hello,

I tried to build recently a PtP link with 2 x LHG5 ac and even I got good signal like -60 dbm the CCQ was only 2% on TX which didn't let to communicate on L3. ROS on both antennas are 6.40.6. But nearby one end is a big solar farm could this cause this issue? ( distance from that point to solar farm is about 100m).

Thanks.

allstarcomps

Re: Does solar farm influence the 5GHz signal?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:10 am

Sounds like nv2 is on. It's does not work will work arm devices until the RC versions. Try 802.11

dracmic
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

Hello,

Yeah is NV2 but 12 km with 802.11? I have other links on 14 km with NV2, but not a solar farm in front, which are working.

Best regards.

AminYounessi
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am

Yes of course . We know about RFI(Radio Frequency Interference), when we search about the EMI(Electromagnetic Interference), we undrestand that they are similar and often have the same causes and solutions. EMI includes RFI but also includes non-radiated interference, such as line noise coming in from power or control lines.
If you have installed a solar system that converts the sun's energy into electricity and at some point injects electricity into the electrical supply grid, then your system has an inverter.
EMI can come from many sources. Almost everything in your home or car emits some EMI, including fluorescent lights, TV's, cordless phones, electric tools, auto ignition, etc. In solar and DC systems you often have additional sources, such as switching power supplies, charge controllers, DC light ballasts, and inverters (especially modified sine wave types). Nearly all charge controllers send pulses instead of a steady voltage/current to the batteries. High power digital pulses are one of the worst EMI sources.

I think you can solve your problem by set the cover-kit on your radio's Antenna. I think your problem will solve.

Best Regards,