Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sebi
just joined
Topic Author

Trouble when updating to firmware 6.39. or newer while using Ascom i62 VoWiFi phones.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 am

Hello everyone,

We use the Mikrotik WLAN system for WLAN telephony systems with Ascom i62 VoWiFi handsets. There is a CapsMan that manages approx. 30 accesses points (mwAP). Channels 1, 6, 11 are used.
I want to update the system to the latest firmware release (6.41.4), but unfortunately none of the i62 phones work afterwards in the WLAN.

The problem is as follows: The i62 registers itself like all other devices in the WLAN (Channels 1, 6, 11). For about 5-10 seconds I can reach the i62 devices over the network (using ping for example). After that the i62 completely loses its connection to the network and can no longer be pinged but at the same time it is still registered to the network. All other devices (Smartphones, Laptops,etc.) work after the update in the same SSID Wi-Fi network without a hitch.

We tested it with different hardware, in 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, with different networks, with no success. The connection seems to work with a firmware version newer than 6.39 only when using a standalone WLAN system without a central CapsMan to manage it.

We never had a problem with the Ascom i62 devices before the Mikrotik firmware version 6.39. With other WLAN systems like Ubiquiti, Cisco, Zyxel, etc the i62 works normally.
Is anyone here familiar with this issue or anything similar? Mikrotik changed something that did not sit well with the i62 devices, and I’d really like to know what it could be.

Thank you very much.

g18c
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble when updating to firmware 6.39. or newer while using Ascom i62 VoWiFi phones.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:11 am

I am seeing the same issue with i62 talker and capsman - any updates?

g18c
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble when updating to firmware 6.39. or newer while using Ascom i62 VoWiFi phones.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Able to reproduce this, it is not just CAPsMAN it seems to be with standard access points running 6.40 onwards, after some time the device stops responding to wireless but shows registered on the wifi clients table.

It is also not responding to DHCP requests.

Sebi
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2018 11:52 am

no, unfortunately no updates, with the current version of i62 and Mikrotik it does not work either.
but at least we are already two who have the problem.
We have now found out too, it does not matter if controller mode or local AP. The IP connection to the i62 works for a few seconds, then it breaks off.
what is interesting is that although no ping and no voip protocols works, but the sylog works on the wireless and the IP connection easily. I thought there is no more IP connection, but that does not seem to agree because the sylog on port 514UDP works.

I talked to Ascom if they can help. But they did not know who Mikrotik is. That's why they can not and will not test it for us.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:48 am

i have the same problem

g18c
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Even on latest firmware, still same issue... I am stuck with a phone cannot use :(

No other issue with any other device on Mikrotik, all other devices are rock solid performance on Mikrotik, standalone or CAPsMAN, everything i have ever tried works (except this ASCOM device).

Is this a Mikrotik or Ascom issue? Is it this particular i62 only, or do other Ascom handsets also not work?

overcast
just joined

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Has anyone had success finding a solution?
Our voice provider is suggesting we change to Ubiquiti but we have so many Mikrotik wAPs and they've been solid.

Sebi
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:41 am

current no solution!

the from Ascom certified wireless products are in the attachment.
Unfortunaly no mikrotik.

We think the issue is that we can`t change the DTIM an Beacon Values in the Mikrotik wirless system.

ascom recommends a DTIM Value of 5

Best regards
ascom_certified_wireless_products.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MikroTikMaster
just joined

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:24 am

Is there a solution ?

technishop
just joined

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:23 am

Hello, i have also Problems in wireless 5 Ghz with Security off and SSID techni.de
in most Device Mikrotik CPE dont connect any more to AP Mikrotik.
If i add Security on, or change the SSID to techni_de or wpa,techni,de the connect work.
Also it work wenn i only change the Protocoll in nstream, but no other Vendor cant connect than to AP.
I talk about that with Support, but he dont see a issue there