Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

IrishLad
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Signal Dropping Connection

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi All,
Very new to this but wanted some advice, my connection is dropping out frequency over a 5k LOS link, with the log showing Large Data Loss detected and the wireless link is reset each time.
From the attached screen shot would this signal strength and noise floor figure look ok, or would they be considered to low for a reliable signal.

Changed protocol to NV2 (from nstreme) makes it a bit more stable but drastically reduces throughout.
Was looking at increasing the period size to 10 on NV2 but then latency goes up by a factor of 5x

Its a point to point with 2x SXTG-5HPacD radios

Any advice is welcome, maybe a better protocol config or am I looking at a new radio with bigger aerial?
Wireless.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mbfound
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless Signal Dropping Connection

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:19 pm

You'll have to post log for people to see (time wise) and give more details on area.

Why are you making a PTP with sector antennas?

Mikrotik calculator says link is unreliable. Probably better to get https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_5_ac

IrishLad
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless Signal Dropping Connection

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply, was travelling for work.
Yes I can post the logs, will a screen shot cover it or export the logs and attach them?

This is a point to point installed for me over 2 years ago, the person involved has since left the company and there seems to be no one left that can help.
So I am trying to figure it out myself now, its a link between my home and my office to utilize the internet link from the office, as my home can't get WISP or DSL directly.

I will check out the new radio you mentioned, as that might work better with my existing link based on distance and noise floor level?
LINK130618.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.