Community discussions

MikroTik App

mp3turbo

Re: LHG 60G experience

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:34 pm

dare to share any worst collocation setup you have ? I'm interested in couple of short 60GHz and it really seems like that lower channels are serious garbage due to oxygen/rain. This is of course not LHG 60G limited, I'm generally interested in any 60GHz experience. Sure I know crappy plastic LHG is something different to professional grade all-metal antennas/devices etc. but Im interested in any experience. Found two other topics related to this (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=143618&p=811170) and viewtopic.php?f=7&t=148687) and will read them carefully.

I lack the personal experience of how much co-location is possible. Your post has been very convincing and put a lot of hope - those radios "1m apart" you mention, are they pointing in the same direction ? Even if not, my head somehow can't accept that coming from 5GHz world :)

Possible to share any photo(s) and more details, please ?

millenium7
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 am

This is of course not LHG 60G limited, I'm generally interested in any 60GHz experience. Sure I know crappy plastic LHG is something different to professional grade all-metal antennas/devices etc. but Im interested in any experience
Actually it is specifically a problem with the MikroTik 60ghz. The signal isn't so bad it would actually not work, the signal is definitely getting through. However I presume the beamforming or other mikrotik implementation causes periodic dropouts and it just so happens to be significantly worse at the lower frequency (auto picking the 'first' free channel means it also picks the worst one)

Plastic has nothing to do with it, infact its one of my favourite dishes for installation. You can partially see through the dish which makes alignment by eye much, much, much better. You don't even need the included little plastic scope thing, just use it like iron-sights and align holes in the dish with the front arms and center of the radio, gets you within a bees dick if the other side is visible. Still worth using a solidmount however, mostly because the crappy stock mount WILL move when you tighten it down to some degree

co-location is fantastic, I can have them on the same mast only separated by ~50cm or so and see no drop in performance even on the same channel
They do work well when used exclusively as a point-to-point and you get it dead nuts aligned (in which case you can leave beamforming turned off entirely if it causes problems) and follow a certain procedure. The problem is when you just slap them in, then you get all kinds of black magic, they work, they don't work, there's no explanation for why, and you are given incorrect readings (like the distance to center is woefully wrong, its just garbage, mikrotik please just disable it entirely it doesn't do the 1 job its supposed to)

sirbryan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:47 am

This is of course not LHG 60G limited, I'm generally interested in any 60GHz experience.

I lack the personal experience of how much co-location is possible. Your post has been very convincing and put a lot of hope - those radios "1m apart" you mention, are they pointing in the same direction ? Even if not, my head somehow can't accept that coming from 5GHz world :)
I have both MikroTik and Ubiquiti 60GHz gear at several locations. I had a GigaBeam Plus working just fine at 1.2km on 58320 for a long time before I realized it was on that channel. But few if any of my wAP60's are using that channel for anything. As millenium7 said, it's worthless on MTik's radios.

I also have AP's and backhauls sitting right close to each other, using the upper three channels, and I try to reserve 68400 for the APs with customers the furthest out. I have seen the modulation rates jump all over the place at one site with multiple radios configured for the same frequency, but its hard to say whether that was related to the hardware+channel combination, the number of devices on that channel, or external environmental factors affecting the channel.

I mainly use LHG60's as CPE, but have a couple deployed as PTP links. I haven't gone through the gyrations millenium7 mentioned to get them aligned; I use my phone's camera to align wAP60's and Cubes visually, and use the alignment tool that comes with the LHG60's, verifying any tweaks on the web interface and/or with the LED's. All MikroTik-based PTMP links are under 800m, and PTP are 1km or less.

If I want to do PTP over 1km, I use GigaBeams or AirFiber 60. The alignment tools and visual feedback of the UI radios' link performance are superior to the confusion of bouncing numbers and unstable beamforming details in RouterOS.

Ivoshiee

Sun May 29, 2022 2:48 am

A tear down of a MT 60G system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9fvAcNpdk

GuntOn
just joined

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:57 pm

Does anybody knows center sector of Cube Lite60?

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:25 am

A tear down of a MT 60G system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9fvAcNpdk

:shock:

beautiful

DeDMorozzzz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:25 am

Does anybody knows center sector of Cube Lite60?
As far as i know there are four in the centre. try 36

prague

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:33 pm

I installed a system composed by one wAP 60G and 6 LHG 60G @ distance of 300-600m from the AP.
I noticed an instability on the wAP: if one station is moved or the signal drops, the wAP disconnects all other stations and it locks untill someone disables and enables the w60G interface.
Does anyone experienced the same behavior?
I've the same issue. Did you find a solution ?

vchrizz
just joined

Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:52 am

nRay 60G sector pattern

0 .................... 8

LHG 60G sector pattern
How does the 60G sector pattern look like for CubeG-5ac60ad and CubeG-5ac60ay please?
And how am I able to find out that information? Sources?