Community discussions

solelunauno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LHG 60G experience

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:29 pm

I installed a system composed by one wAP 60G and 6 LHG 60G @ distance of 300-600m from the AP.
I noticed an instability on the wAP: if one station is moved or the signal drops, the wAP disconnects all other stations and it locks untill someone disables and enables the w60G interface.
Does anyone experienced the same behavior?
SL1 Systems srl MTCNA MTCRE

djvolt

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Check Client Isolation
http://24.multimediahd.pl/pl/3-60ghz
Upgrades for Mikrotik's devices

server8

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:51 pm

All latest firmwares 'd solve the disconnection issue

solelunauno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:33 pm

All latest firmwares 'd solve the disconnection issue
is it possible to update Ap and one station a time, via wireless link?
SL1 Systems srl MTCNA MTCRE

djvolt

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 am

First do upgrade on Station, second on AP and will be ok :)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:28 am

Has anyone compared these two mounts both by Mikrotik?
https://mikrotik.com/product/solidmount
and
https://i.mt.lv/cdn/rb_files/quickMount ... 113333.pdf
The bottom model for LHG.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:51 am

Has anyone compared these two mounts both by Mikrotik?
https://mikrotik.com/product/solidmount
and
https://i.mt.lv/cdn/rb_files/quickMount ... 113333.pdf
The bottom model for LHG.
Solid mount is way way way better for 60G! I had a problem with quickmount when winter came. It was fastened during the summer, and in the winter couple of LHG's was pointing to the ground! Plastic shrink in winter, and screws got loose. Since I have solidmounts for 60G, I used it's mounts (now called and sold as LHG mount https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_mount) to fix those loose LHG.

BR...

djvolt

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:07 am

This is slightly better, because is more stable, two U-bolts and bigger flat surface... http://24.multimediahd.pl/en/60ghz/110- ... r-alu.html

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:07 pm

This is slightly better, because is more stable, two U-bolts and bigger flat surface... http://24.multimediahd.pl/en/60ghz/110- ... r-alu.html
SolidMount is great product and way cheaper then Your product. Also, me and other people are waiting info from Your customers about performance of You Alu dishes for LHG60. For now we only have unchecked info from You, and very bad info's from guys in forum...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Much thanks Blue!
For the solid mount, or any of them, is there a graduated controlled click during turning in horizontal or vertical directions?
(or does one loosen bolts and move free form)?

Of course I am still also trying to get my head around how you get something one mile let alone 5 miles apart aimed close enough in the first place to think about refining?
For example, is there target material you can put at an expected location (for pointing a laser at for instance).
Then attach laser somehow (parallel to beam of antenna) and aim it at target sight??
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 pm

There are no click. Use wrench 10mm and finetune it. Than fasten all fixing bolts and that's it. I never used laser for pointing. Years of experience and google earth helped me to point antenna in desired direction. But since LHG60 is only 1 degree You absolutely have to use solidmount on greater distance...

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:07 pm

60GHz - 4330 meters - my experience

First of all, if You don't want to read my whole post, conclusion is don't do it - maximum reliable is 3000 meters.

Finally we had some sunny and warm days in Serbia. So I reserved whole weekend for 60G links. First of all, You need a lot of patience. When this long link got disconnected for more than couple of minutes it takes anywhere from 30min to more than 2 hours to get back online! I don't know why? Reboot, unplug/plug din't give any results.

We combined LHG60 with SolidMount, and that is a MUST on any 60G link that is 1000m+.

When You adjust the link use bandwith test between two devices. It is powerfull enough to let UDP trafic spread it's wings. TCP got stuck arround 500Mbit with 100%CPU.

Don't look at the "rssi". You only need MCS (max is 8), SIGNAL (100 is ideal so I assume that is in %), and try to get TX-SECTOR to center. Also Error rate is crucial!

Don't use "align" since it disconnect link more often. Use only "monitor" tool.

One person should be at the antenna and another should look at the notebook. First get 60G link to any working order with eye sight. I know that it could be difficult for someone, but LHG60 have mesh grid and it is see-through. Then You need wrench 10mm to finetune solidmount. It takes half of the turn to lose signal. So it should be fastened to maximum allowed to turn the wrench.

And then start to play. Don't be afraid to try different things and positions. Most annoying is when You got disconnected for more than a minute! Than it takes forever to get connected again. It is not a matter of misalignment at all since once we got disconnected for 2 hours and after that link got connected and we had MCS 7 and Signal 80. Bandwith test was 900Mbit.

Next day it got very windy, and link got worse. I was thinking what is somehow moved, but after wind has stopped link got OK again. Also rain is killing this link, but 2950 meter link is holding OK in wind/rain.

Now winter came back in Serbia for a few days, and on first warm day I will take down this 4,3km link since it is useless on that distance.

BR to all and good luck (You will need it - at least until Ubnt start to sell 60GHz) :)

aisme
just joined

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 am

Hi,

Earlier today a network loop was introduced in our internal network. While investigating the source of the loop we disconnected the 4 links with other buildings that we have using LHG60s and a link with wAP60. While rebooting one of the LHG60 links the devices never really came back.

I thought it had to do with the network loop and did not pay attention. When the loop was discovered and elliminated (someone connected two adjacent network sockets by mistake) all links and devices came immediately back and I could access their interface except from a specific link.

When I try to ping their IP I get a couple of pings and then maybe 10-15 requests timed out and the same things repeats. At the beginning I thought that maybe one of the antennas has died but the strange thing is that BOTH master and slave behave the same way.

Even when pinging the devices from their respective side the same thing happens which leads me to suspect that something else is the underlying cause.

When checking the LED lights on the devices the pattern is equally strange. Upon rebooting the power LED switches on and then the ethernet LED switches on and blinks as expected however as soon as the wireless link is apparently established and the wifi LED is on then the ethernet LED starts blinking really slow instead of the typical fast rate blinking when traffic is going through.

Any suggestions? Or should I RMA them and replace them? I bought these like 6 weeks ago.

rkau045

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:58 am

Cycling timeouts like this are usually caused by STP blocking and reenabling forwarding on a port in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

djvolt

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:14 pm

SolidMount is great product and way cheaper then Your product. Also, me and other people are waiting info from Your customers about performance of You Alu dishes for LHG60. For now we only have unchecked info from You, and very bad info's from guys in forum...
Buy and try itself like other products :P

Confirmation from other:
https://ispforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=250027#p250027

pikpik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Guys, which devices are best for PtMP ?

2mailwelkom
just joined

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Awesome product took me a lot off time to get this stable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djvolt

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm

wAP60G + LHG60 up to 500 meters :P

server8

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:37 pm

@mikrotik Is it finally possible to know if the chipset allows narrower channel widths (like 1000 MHz or 500 MHz) and if the next future we 'll see this options?

fox76
just joined

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Does anyone use ALU 600?
Please
Print Screen

http://24.multimediahd.pl/pl/upgrade-s/ ... -kit-.html

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Does anyone use ALU 600?
Please
Print Screen

autostoper76 is using those and he is not happy :( Untill now, we don;t have any proof that those devices are working OK. Just words - no pictures/viideos

fox76
just joined

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Does anyone use ALU 600?
Please
Print Screen

Does anyone use ALU 400?

nimbo78
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 pm

2MikroTik
guys, plz add debug logging for w60 wireless like "wireless" for 802.11ac\n\g\b\a wifi :)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi,

Earlier today a network loop was introduced in our internal network. While investigating the source of the loop we disconnected the 4 links with other buildings that we have using LHG60s and a link with wAP60. While rebooting one of the LHG60 links the devices never really came back.

I thought it had to do with the network loop and did not pay attention. When the loop was discovered and elliminated (someone connected two adjacent network sockets by mistake) all links and devices came immediately back and I could access their interface except from a specific link.

When I try to ping their IP I get a couple of pings and then maybe 10-15 requests timed out and the same things repeats. At the beginning I thought that maybe one of the antennas has died but the strange thing is that BOTH master and slave behave the same way.

Even when pinging the devices from their respective side the same thing happens which leads me to suspect that something else is the underlying cause.

When checking the LED lights on the devices the pattern is equally strange. Upon rebooting the power LED switches on and then the ethernet LED switches on and blinks as expected however as soon as the wireless link is apparently established and the wifi LED is on then the ethernet LED starts blinking really slow instead of the typical fast rate blinking when traffic is going through.

Any suggestions? Or should I RMA them and replace them? I bought these like 6 weeks ago.
While you are at, suggest you use trained staff or create a checklist for plugging stuff in.......... or was this sabotage??

server8

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Bad news for mikrotik
60ghz.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Bad news for mikrotik
60ghz.png
Yes and they do it right from the beginning, integrated 5 GHz Backup....
And Mikrotik engeneers are sleeping....

WebItG
just joined

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Bad news for mikrotik
60ghz.png
please original link ???

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Bad news for mikrotik
60ghz.png
please original link ???
This is early access shop, you need to be registered and allowed to see this

WebItG
just joined

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Bad news for mikrotik
60ghz.png
please original link ???
This is early access shop, you need to be registered and allowed to see this
i am registered
but send URL

server8

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 pm

you have to be registered to early access https://store.ui.com/collections/early-access

Stril
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Prior to thinking, these products will be better than the LHGs, just read the UB-forums and search for FCS-errors and corrupted packets...

Just added an LHG to take over the traffic of an AirFiber...

SpanMG
just joined

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 am

Friends, help calculate the track and its reliability.
Going to do PTMP.
As the base I want to use Wap
The first client at a distance of 160 m. LHG
The second and third on the same building at a distance of 490 m. LHG

How much such a link will be reliable, whether there will be frequent problems with it. What signal do I expect from distant links?

aisme
just joined

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am

I am reporting some weird findings. The device is connected on an HP A5500 48port PoE+ switch worth 7,000+ euros. There are 3 other LHG60 on the same switch all working properly/normally. There are 35 VoIP phones on the same switch all working properly.

Even when switching off the PoE power from the switch port the antenna stays on! Or at least its LEDs are on.

It will only go off when disconnecting the ground cable!

The weird findings continue. When disconnecting the ground cable the problematic antenna comes back to life and the link works. When connecting back the ground cable it goes crazy again.

The same ground is used for all the other 4 LHG60s on that roof and the rest behave/work normally.

Should I use the ground or not? Is it better to use the Ubiquiti surge arrestors instead of the ground? Should I use both?

I had people check the earthing itself and it is fine.

I could not find documentation on the matter
Hi,

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 am

I am reporting some weird findings. The device is connected on an HP A5500 48port PoE+ switch worth 7,000+ euros. There are 3 other LHG60 on the same switch all working properly/normally. There are 35 VoIP phones on the same switch all working properly.

Even when switching off the PoE power from the switch port the antenna stays on! Or at least its LEDs are on.

It will only go off when disconnecting the ground cable!

The weird findings continue. When disconnecting the ground cable the problematic antenna comes back to life and the link works. When connecting back the ground cable it goes crazy again.

The same ground is used for all the other 4 LHG60s on that roof and the rest behave/work normally.

Should I use the ground or not? Is it better to use the Ubiquiti surge arrestors instead of the ground? Should I use both?

I had people check the earthing itself and it is fine.

I could not find documentation on the matter
Hi,

This Device only needs 2-3w if this is RF Tower it could be induction to your cables, or different earth potential

server8

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

Mikrotik is wasting 18 months of advantage on 60 GHZ, is it possible to know if there is any hardware with 5 ghz backup in the close future?

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Mikrotik is wasting 18 months of advantage on 60 GHZ, is it possible to know if there is any hardware with 5 ghz backup in the close future?
Why?
UBNT will deliver such product, and there would be an AP as well, so why ask them here thinks that they know from the beginning of there
60 GHz Productlinie.
Again, Mikrotik Wireless is dead end, they are sleeping!

server8

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Because is stupid don't put a 5 ghz feed in an hardware that has the pcb ready, I can't uderstand why this leak of 5 ghz backup.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Why?
UBNT will deliver such product, and there would be an AP as well, so why ask them here thinks that they now from the beginning of there
60 GHz Productlinie.
Again, Mikrotik Wireless is dead end, they are sleeping!
LHG60 is great and available (for a while now). It runs ROS which is way better than AirOS. So wrong thread to blame them sleeping. This new gear looks very small. So I guess gain is between WAP 60G and LHG60G. If you need 5GHz Backup use SXT or combine LHG60G with af5xhd using a powerbox pro.

server8

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:52 pm

LHG60 is great and available (for a while now). It runs ROS which is way better than AirOS. So wrong thread to blame them sleeping. This new gear looks very small. So I guess gain is between WAP 60G and LHG60G. If you need 5GHz Backup use SXT or combine LHG60G with af5xhd using a powerbox pro.
Client side is 3 times hardware and a lot of configuration.... for the backhauling is the double and the colocation on the tower is not for free

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Client side is 3 times hardware and a lot of configuration.... for the backhauling is the double and the colocation on the tower is not for free
Doing backhaul + backup with one Antenna in one direction is not a good idea anyway.

server8

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Doing backhaul + backup with one Antenna in one direction is not a good idea anyway.
Mostly it's rain backup... OK I 'll wait for ubiquiti

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Mostly it's rain backup... OK I 'll wait for ubiquiti
May take a while ...

server8

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

better late than never :-)

r00t
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:02 pm

On 60GHz WAP radio PCB, there is place for 5GHz radio chips, but it was never used. Mikrotik appears to be just sleeping, while competition is creeping closer and closer and may beat them at their own 60GHz game...
Hopefully this will be a wakeup call and we will see some new 60GHz gear soon. They must have known about Ubiquity releasing their 60GHz solution for some time.

Next months will tell us more.
- if we see new 60GHz radios with real new features and improvements, there is still hope MIkrotik R&D have been actually doing something for past months. Question is how long it will take to get new devices certified and released to the market
- if no new devices are announced or they just release minor updated version (let's make a dish metal and call it a day...) it's probably not very good sign. At that point all that Mikrotik can do is they can start lowering the prices of existing 60GHz gear when Ubiquity releases their 60GHz hardware, but that would mean they have nothing new and all they can do is to lower prices to stay in the game... not good.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 pm

On 60GHz WAP radio PCB, there is place for 5GHz radio chips, but it was never used. Mikrotik appears to be just sleeping, while competition is creeping closer and closer and may beat them at their own 60GHz game...
Hopefully this will be a wakeup call and we will see some new 60GHz gear soon. They must have known about Ubiquity releasing their 60GHz solution for some time.

Next months will tell us more.
- if we see new 60GHz radios with real new features and improvements, there is still hope MIkrotik R&D have been actually doing something for past months. Question is how long it will take to get new devices certified and released to the market
- if no new devices are announced or they just release minor updated version (let's make a dish metal and call it a day...) it's probably not very good sign. At that point all that Mikrotik can do is they can start lowering the prices of existing 60GHz gear when Ubiquity releases their 60GHz hardware, but that would mean they have nothing new and all they can do is to lower prices to stay in the game... not good.
There is more stuff on the road. MT announced to do Terragraph. This is a 60GHz Mesh solution and I guess it will be 802.11ay.
https://terragraph.com.

r00t
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:37 pm

While Terragraph sounds interesting, it certainly can't replace P2P links (whitepaper says range is about 250m, using small antennas).

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 pm

While Terragraph sounds interesting, it certainly can't replace P2P links (whitepaper says range is about 250m, using small antennas).
The range will depend on the used antennas. PTP links will be part of the mesh. I hope different Vendors will be compatible as Radwin and Cambium has announced terragraph, too.

nobbie
just joined

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Hej guys, I have 750m PTP link to do and three small 230V wires by the road between these two points. Is it ok to use LHG60 kit ? I don't need 1Gbps throughput, 300Mbps will be ok. What about rain and snow, I want to sleep well :-)

djvolt

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Does anyone use ALU 600?
Please
Print Screen

autostoper76 is using those and he is not happy :( Untill now, we don;t have any proof that those devices are working OK. Just words - no pictures/viideos
NO NO NO, autostoper have 400mm, NOT 600mm and please DO NOT put people in the wrong place ok?....

aisme
just joined

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 pm

This Device only needs 2-3w if this is RF Tower it could be induction to your cables, or different earth potential
I understand however this is just the roof of the building without any RF tower on it. All the cables going up to the roof are 35-40m Ubiquiti Touch cable. 4 LHG60s doing PTP links. All connected to the same ground. All working fine except this one