Community discussions

MikroTik App

khaledabboud94
just joined
Topic Author

Ce Vs eC

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 am

Hello ;

who can inform me in details , what is the difference between 20/40 MHz eC & 20/40 MHz Ce ,,,

thanks is advanced

raymondr15
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Ce Vs eC

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 am

Hello ;

who can inform me in details , what is the difference between 20/40 MHz eC & 20/40 MHz Ce ,,,

thanks is advanced
Hi,
You choose which side to broadcast your channel width for 40Mhz, lets say you're using channel 5200 and you choose ec, the channel will broadcast from 5200 down to the lower channel -5200, and choosing Ce will broadcast to the upper channel > 5200+

If I'm not mistaken it could be the opposite way around

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am

With "C" and "e"
Think of it this way:

The "C" is (normally) the primary control 20-MHz-wide frequency. Thus , if you have a Ceee AP configured to use 5500 , then the actual frequency range in use is 5490-through-5510.
Also , if you have a non "C" device connecting to a Ceee device , the client and AP will talk on the configured "C" frequency in the AP.
Thus - "C" is the frequency/channel you are configure when you select a frequency

Each "e" is an additional 20-MHz-wide channel.
With a eC , the additional 20-MHz will be below/lower than the C channel
Thus in my "C" example above 5490-through-5510 , the "e" would additionially use 5470-through-5490

And with a Ce it would be used this way:
C 5490-through-5510 (Mikrotik frequency set at 5500)
e 5510-through-5530

each additional "e" in front of the "C" is a lower adjacent frequency
each additional "e" after the "C" is an adjacent hight frequency

Sooo - If you are going to configure a Ceee , then be aware , you need to select a much wider/cleaner frequency space to set the "C" channel/frequency to.
It is possible to have a clean "C" frequency but noise on the adjacent "e" frequencies. This prevents faster wireless rate connections;

I think of "C" as channel
I think of "e" as additional channel

FYI - A eCee AP can accept a eeCe client connection - however , you would only end up with a "eCe" wireless rate connection
FYI - A Ceee AP can accept a eC client connection - however , you would only end up with a "C" (20-MHz-wide) wireless rate connection.

In general (not a rule - but more of a common practice), use Ce or Cee or Ceee. The "C" first is a tad bit more standard.

Additional note: All "e" connections must always have a "C" connection --- however - Not all "C" connections require an additional "e" connection.
So - keep your "C"s clean and also make attempts to keep your "e"s clean also.

Hopes this helps some without adding more confusion

North Idaho Tom Jones
Last edited by TomjNorthIdaho on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 pm

FYI - A eCee AP can accept a eeCe client connection - however , you would only end up with a "eCe" wireless rate connection
FYI - A Ceee AP can accept a eC client connection - however , you would only end up with a "C" (20-MHz-wide) wireless rate connection.
Did you actually observe this kind of behaviour?

I'd expect that any capable client would adapt to whatever wide-channel strategy AP is using. Just as clients adapt to (basic) channel selection.

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:09 am

Did you actually observe this kind of behaviour?

I'd expect that any capable client would adapt to whatever wide-channel strategy AP is using. Just as clients adapt to (basic) channel selection.
I have had trouble with iPads not connecting to WAP's if I left the control channel set to Auto, so CAPSMAN would show some were eCee, eeeC etc. Once I forced Ceee the devices all started to reliably connect. For what it's worth, if you need wide channels always set Ce or Ceee. I am not sure why there are any other options in the 802.11 standard except for maybe for Ceee and eeeC on the lower and upper channel bounds.

sup5

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Imagine, you're left with the non-DFS channels 36, 40, 44, and 48.
But you want to setup a WiFi-System using 80MHz Channel Bonding.

As simple as in the 20MHz-channels-setup you'll evenly distribute the four primary channels.
But with 80MHz you have four options sharing the same Bonded-channel: Ceee, eCee, eeCe, and eeeC.
The primary C-channel is always clean. In a low density environment with only a few clients, you'll reach the full 80MHz speed, while in dense environments with many clients the speed commonly will drop to the amount of a 20MHz channel. 802.11ac takes cate of that.