Community discussions

MikroTik App

echodeltoid
just joined
Topic Author

Disconnecting a low signal client in CAPSMAN?

Sun May 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Is there a feature in Capsman to Disconnect a client with a low signal, and push them to an AP with a better signal? I saw a mention of it in another forum post, but cannot find it in winbox. Does anyone know where this feature is? A screen shot would be EPIC. Thanks in Advance

echodeltoid
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Disconnecting a low signal client in CAPSMAN?

Sun May 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Ive been reviewing the other articles over the past couple years on Wifi Roaming on Tik devices, and other manufacturers. Does anyone know if software version 6.42.1 has built in support to push clients to an AP with a better Signal? The devices on the network for the most part are 2017/18 I- devices (apple hardware), with a printer, and a few android devices.

If there isn't a dedicated place in the Capman interface version 6.42.1, does this script address the issue?

/interface wireless access-list
add signal-range=-75..120
add authentication=no forwarding=no signal-range=-120..-76

Any help on this is humbly appreciated as i step back into getting savvy with Mikrotik.

Petri
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disconnecting a low signal client in CAPSMAN?

Sun May 13, 2018 11:19 pm

You can add those access lists in Winbox in CAPsMAN > Access list. You need two entries, one to accept -75..120 and a second one to reject -120..-75.

You should be aware of the consequences for devices with no better access point available. Usually that means the perimeter of you coverage, but there may be other poor signal areas as well.

The safe way to force clients to roam is to turn down the transmit power.