Community discussions

MikroTik App

mdd
Topic Author

Wireless AP in container ship yard

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 am

Hi all this is my first post to this forums. So i am sorry if i will be incorrect on some things or words.

The situation i am having is that i have poor wireless performance (sometimes loosing to much packets) in in ship yard between container storage areas:
AP (912UAG-2HPnD) with antennas are located between transporting lanes on poles.
I am just guesing that metal containters refracting and mirroring wifi signal. But this is just guessing. So from all wifi settings on Routerboard is there any recomendation what to use and maybe some had similar issue ?

==================================================================================

========AP (TX 22 )=================AP (TX 22)=================AP (TX 22)==============

===================================================================================

Petri
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Wireless AP in container ship yard

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 am

Yeah, you are probably right about the environment causing issues. There is noting much that can be done via settings. You need to carefully plan the locations and antenna directions to achieve best results.

You mention antenna locations. How long are your antenna cables? They could be a major source of signal losses.

(I couldn't figure out the illustration.)

mdd
Topic Author

Re: Wireless AP in container ship yard

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 am

Hi Petri,

RB are attched next to annthena (dual eggs) on pole (30cm cables). From RB lan cable goes to coms cabinet the lenght is just 20m. All coms cabinets are connected to distribution switch with fibre cables. So cables not giving any issues. I was trying to play with TX power and channels selections but issues still exists.