Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

kirlein
just joined
Topic Author

hotspot with multipath route

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:02 am

is it possible to set route for different user on hotspot ?

ex :
i have 2 backbone A and B
i create 3 user on my radius server and i wanna set routing for user X , Y to backbone A then user Z to backbone B

any clue to do that ?

tneumann

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:43 pm

Here's what you could try to do

1) Set up two different hotspot user profiles (groups), see

http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... 5974025974

and set the incoming-packet-mark differently for each profile, let's say you assign incoming-packet-mark hs_group_a and hs_group_b

2) Assign your hotspot users to either group (locally, or via Radius)

3) Define a mangle rule in the prerouting chain to set a routing-mark depending on the value of the incoming-packet-mark established in step 1), something like this
chain=prerouting packet-mark=hs_group_a action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=to_backbone_a passthrough=yes
4) Add two policy routes to your internet backbone links (uplinks) and make the policy depend on the routing marks established in step 3), see

http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... 3836028583

--Tom

kirlein
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:11 pm

and set the incoming-packet-mark differently for each profile, let's say you assign incoming-packet-mark hs_group_a and hs_group_b
howto set Attribute for specify profile for user ? i`m using Mikrotik-Group but it seem not worked :cry:

tneumann

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:36 pm

Mikrotik-Group is indeed the correct Radius reply item to send back to the router with the Access-Accept message. The value of Mikrotik-Group should be the name of the profile and a profile with that name needs to already exist under /ip hotspot user profile on the router.

Check your user profiles under /ip hotspot user profile and enable debug output for Radius transactions on your Radius server and also on your MikroTik router.

--Tom

nicopretorius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: hotspot with multipath route

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 pm

I have the same requirements as detailed above, i.e. I have complementory hotspot users which i want to force via a proxy server and I have commercial hotspot users which I want to route via a diffferent path. I have followed the instructions above.

I have successfully added the users to the user group and a mangle rule is dynamically added to the the hotspot chain as per below:
[admin@AlwaysOnOffice] /ip firewall mangle> print chain=hotspot 
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic 
 0 D chain=hotspot action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=Advert_Mark passthrough=yes src-address=10.20.65.25 
My problem is that if I look at the counters the Bytes and Packets for this packet mark, it remain zero which means the packets are not being marked and I will not be able to policy route them.

What might be the problem why these packets are not being marked? The ROS version is 3.30.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Try "chain=prerouting" and see if that helps.

nicopretorius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 pm

It is automatically put into the hotspot chain when the parameters are configured. There is no setting to select a particular chain.

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Just a suggestion, as I have never tryed this.

You should be able to specify the ip address for your users using user manager.
Even though it is a single subnet on the hotspot treat it like 2 subnets and asign the users to a secific subnet.
In the firewall rules you can mark-routing based upon subnet.

nicopretorius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

I solved my problem. For my purposes I also needed the following jump and mark-routing rule in the pre-routing chain:
add action=jump chain=prerouting comment="" disabled=no hotspot=auth jump-target=hotspot src-address-list=""
add action=mark-routing chain=prerouting comment="" disabled=no new-routing-mark=advert_route packet-mark=Advert passthrough=no